fifteenth chapter

He breaks down in front of my eyes. What's wrong? What happened?

"I'm tired of myself", is the only thing he says. It's like he hit the bottom of himself, like he screams for someone who can mend his broken heart. I immediately get closer, hug him, and then lay him in my bed.

He really seems tired. Or rather exhausted, like he feels the weight of the world on his shoulders.

I lay myself next to him. He has his eyes closed. He doesn't want to talk about it, I can feel it. And it's okay. But I am honestly concerned of what caused this.

I know he is a softy, but I assume he is strong too, at least for his brother. He loves him really much. And by what I know about his history he must be strong. But everyone has a limit, and it seems like he reached his.

But what happened?

Whatever it is, it must be something really important, something that broke his heart. There are a few options. Firstly, somebody could've died. Maybe a family member, but since they aren't that close with his parents and I don't know about any other member, I don't think that's the reason. Or maybe the company failed, or got destroyed, or something like that? But Beomgyu didn't seem like he would care much about the company. There must be another reason. Maybe somebody did something, making him upset? Maybe even disappointed? Then the person must be somebody he loves. When he breaks down like this it must be a big betrayal. Wait, isn't he with Hyuka? He told me that Hyuka would come back today together with their parents. Where is he? Maybe by the Yeonbin couple? I heard them running outside. As the caring parents they are, it's possible that they went to comfort a crying Huening Kai. The fact that Gyu left his brother crying, away from him, makes it obvious that Hyuka was the one he is disappointed in. That would make sense.

While I think about it, I caress Beomgyu. I pull him closer to me, and after a short time, he stopped crying and his breathes are more regular.

I'm glad. I think he is asleep by now. The only bad thing about this is, that I can't check the expression in his eyes. Eyes tell you everything about people. It's a public secret that eyes are the mirrors of your soul. Even if I do not believe in any kinds of magic or something similar, I know it's true. You can tell by people's behavior and the look in their eyes if they are honest. Most of the time at least.

I take my time to take his features in. I must admit that I like seeing him asleep. The same as today morning. He is beautiful even when he sleeps, even when he cried before.  I could get used to wake up beside him. What am I even thinking? Taehyun! Wake up! That's nothing you'll ever do! Don't even think that way.

But everything I'll do today, didn't let these thoughts escape my head.

As time passed by, I recognized voices in front of my door. I carefully get up, trying to not wake the sleeping angel. I quietly open the door, quickly step outside my room, and close it instantly.

"-you are not the one to blame. Don't feel guilty", Yeonjun whispers a few meters away from me, sitting there with Soobin, and Hyuka between them. The older two exchange concerned looks from time to time and try to stop the boy from crying. I know it's not my spot to be angry. But I know that he is the cause of Beomgyus condition right now. I can't do anything against my boiling blood. But I don't say anything. I just make a few steps, so I stand in front of them, sitting on the couch.

Hyuka is the first one to notice my presence. His eyes were searching for another person, but he is relieved to see me instead. Wow, he must've fucked up hard.

I kneel down in front of the three of them to be at the same height as the youngest one.

"What's going on here?" I ask calmly, not bothered by the angry and at the same time concerned expressions of my friends.