fourteenth chapter

Even though I didn't want it, Taehyun left eventually. We ate breakfast together but when I received a text from my parents, that they will be back in a few hours I told him to leave, so I can prepare myself. That's why I had to say goodbye to him and his hugs. (Yes, I received a few even after I stopped crying ^^). But bevore he went back to his place, I made sure to check on me. We didn't talk about what happened the day before at the party neither did we talk about my dream. But he was there. He was by my side and let me know, that I could call him anytime. And I guess that's a privilege.

I'm really not in the condition to see them again. Although I'm excited to see Hyuka again, I don't want them to be here too.

I am laying in my bed again, surprisingly not crying but surely not happy.

Why do they even have to come here? Couldn't they just send Hyuka here and stay in Seoul? I mean, what's the reason that they want to see us so often lately? If they want to talk about my future and that I should be the next leader of our company, I don't know what I'll do. I don't get why they must pressure me like that. At the time my brother was still alive I didn't have to worry about it, because it was clear he would be the next representative of our company. He was handsome and by that, I mean incredible handsome. We called him "world-wide handsome" to tease him about it. Everyone loved him. He was the most beloved person I ever met, but I guess he didn't feel like this. And he had knowledge. He really was great, and I thought he would do this job. So, it was never an option to do it, but now-

A bling from my phone rips me out of my thoughts. It was my parents, asking me politely to come downstairs to greet them. Sighing I get up, fulfilling their wish as always.

The first thing I notice as I stand in front of my three family members is Huening Kai who has his eyes fixed on the ground. He looks sick. There is nothing of his excited, happy self, just a shy boy insecure about his every move, leaving me extremely worried. What did they do to him? Is he okay?

"Hello Beomgyu." My parents greet me, which I do too. My eyes still focusing on my younger brother, I do the usual 'we-pretend-to-care-about-you-smalltalk' with my parents. After that they invite themselves in my room. I'tired already.

I sit down on my bed, making sure that my brother sits down right next to me. He is still avoiding my eyes. He never acted that way before! Is he ashamed of something? But why does he seem to want a hug so bad at the same time? I've honestly never seen him so insecure before, what should I do?

Sighing inside, I turn my focus on the adults in my room. They seem so misplaced here between my stuff, in this comfortable place, where I still can feel Taehyun's presence. Where I still can feel honesty.

"So, you may wonder, why we are here too besides your brother. We already told you that you have to be the next face of the Choi company.", already opening my mouth to let out angry words, my father turns his eyes towards me and talk further, "Don't complain right now, son. We have important facts to tell you. Your brother was with us, to discuss a few things with us.

At first, we wanted him to explain us your side, because we couldn't talk about this professionally. But we came to the conclusion that, if you had a choice, you would never choose our company. You would never want the power of our company, to bring them luck and success."

My eyes are fixed on my father by every word. But it's never because I like the sounds escaping his mouth. I am disgusted, shocked, and disappointed by the stuff he says.

First of all was my own father too cowardly to ask myself directly. I would tell him my view, I told him a few things already. Being professional isn't my part here. Secondly, he doesn't care about me or Hyuka because he knows we hate to be separated from each other. He was just thinking about himself and his fucking company, because he knows that Hyuka is a softy who can't say no, even though he wants to. He just can't handle any kind of pressure. What makes his statement even worse is the way he thinks I am the one who acts selfish right now.