Chapter 37

SILVA

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen! We are all here to celebrate the 28th anniversary of Mr. And Mrs. Silva as a husband and wife! I would like to invite Mr. Franz and Mrs. Elizabeth Silva here... The stage is yours!"

We all clapped our hands as my dad stood in his seat and guided my mom to stand up and walked onto the stage. They're both outstanding tonight, kahit tumatanda na ay hindi mo kakikitaan ng panghihina. Halatang-halata ang dugong Silva.

"Good evening..." My mom made a sound using the spoon and a wine glass.

Natigil ang lahat at natuon ang pansin sa kanila. "First of all, I want to say thank you to all of you for attending this party. To Beatrice who even flew from Spain, to Franz's brothers and my nephews. Mamà, papà Thank you so much..." She then smiled softly at our grandparents.

Nilibot niya muna ang tingin bago magsalita. "This night was very special for us. Especially for me and for my husband, because tonight represents our love for each other. This love of us shows how resilient we are. It seems like a while ago we were just courting, but now I don't expect to reached even this very long year with him...."

I am looking lovingly at them. They never failed me ever since, they are the best. My parents taught me everything, including the power of love.

"Not everything is easy, especially when you enter the world of 'couples'. Certainly love is not just pure happiness. Because no matter what happens, the problem will always come to the point where you will get hurt, that you will have to make sacrifices." Huminga si mommy ng malalim.

"You will go through different trials, and even time will test you... But if you trust your partner, and you believe in god. You can surely survive every difficult thing in life ... And now? Where has destiny taken us? We're both successful, because we also believe in each other. That's the most important thing, believe.

Then suddenly both of them looked at my direction. I immediately smiled and they are too, nakita ko pa ang pasimpleng sulyap ni Daddy kay Darius na nasa tabi ko at pinagtaasan ako ng kilay. I pouted, siguradong nakita nila ang nangyari kanina at paniguradong gigisahin nila ako mamaya.

"And to our only daughter..." Si Daddy na ang nagsalita. "She is the blessing god has given us that we will never regretted. She is the proof of our love. In our darkest nights and gloomy days, she is our light. When she came we were more completed, she filled the missing piece in our heart."

Para akong tangang nangingiti tapos nangingilid ang luha. Alone tear escaped my eyes kaya dali-dali akong nagbaba ng tingin, but Darius suddenly gave me a hanky. I sniffed before I accepted it.

"We knew she was still young for the responsibilities, but we also knew she could. She is a Silva after all..." My daddy proudly chuckled.

Narinig kong ngumisi si Darius kaya napatingin ako sa kanya. "That was so heartwarming..."

I shrugged and nodded. Huminga ako ng malalim at pasimpleng nilingon ang table nila Jamaica at Mrs. Montejo sa bandang kanan namin. Hindi nga ako nagkakamali na nakatingin din sila samin. Actually hindi lang silang dalawa ang nandoon dahil kasama din nila si Tito Nathan, maging si Maddieson na may kasamang babae.

I saw the woman earlier and she looks so beautiful. Her face is more fiercer and bratty. She's not familiar to me, but her features were.

"Where's Hezekiah, Ruru?" Tanong ko kay Darius nang hindi ko nakita ang bunso nilang kapatid.

"Probably on duty, baby..."

Tumango nalang ako at inilibot ang tingin para hanapin si Summer na siyang manager sa event na ito. Malapit nang matapos ang speech nila mommy kaya kailangan ko na ring pumunta sa backstage.