Chapter 18

After you finished Chifuyu's tattoo, he was completely blown away. He couldn't stop looking at it in the mirror and thanked you at least twenty times while you put the bandage on it, which made you chuckle.

It was late when you finished, and when him and Amaya walked to the door to leave, Chifuyu asked you how much he owned you.

The ink was quite expensive and you used a lot for his tattoo, but you didn't have the heart to charge him, so you just shrugged and said to him to consider it a gift.

He tried to argue of course, and after a few minutes of 'fighting' over it, much to Amaya's amusement, you said you will think of a way he could repay you. It seemed to calm him, and you said your goodbyes with stupid smiles and longing gazes.

"You know, she just said that so you stop arguing with her." Amaya said to Chifuyu as she walked to his kitchen and sat on the chair.

"I know." Chifuyu said with a sigh as he started making dinner. "Maybe I should surprise her with something?"

Amaya nodded while she leaned on the table and put her face in her hands, giving Chifuyu a knowing smile.

Chifuyu narrowed his eyes, already knowing what this look meant, so he sat down across from her.

"Okay, spill."

_____________________

The next morning you woke up tired. You went to sleep late, because you couldn't stop thinking about Chifuyu. When you two were in the kitchen you saw that he started leaning forward towards you, but just when he moved, Amaya cursed, making you both jump a little, and thinking about it now you weren't sure if he actually moved or you just imagined it.

He was calling you nicknames, and he often looked at you in a strange but warm way, which just melted your heart.

You caught yourself smiling, and you rolled on your back, rubbing your eyes.

But he just broke up with Nina. He moved on pretty quick...

You sat up in bed, thinking.

Maybe it wasn't that serious with her, so you shouldn't feel bad about it, right?

You sighed and leaned to your nightstand, taking your medicine, then you got up and went to the bathroom. After you were finished you opened the fridge and noticed that you forgot to buy eggs when you were in the store with Amaya.

You grimaced, but decided to go there real quick, cause you were craving a good omlette.

When you walked out of the store, you let a small smile raise to your lips. The lady at the cashier was very friendly and smiled, and for some reason it lifted your mood.

You walked into the apartment building and noticed that one of your neighbors, Jake who was around 9 years old was waiting for the lift too, with his black Labrador puppy.

When the boy heard you approaching, he smiled at you politely.

"Good morning, Y/N."

"Good morning." you replied and petted his dog.

You both walked in the lift when it arrived, and stood in silence, while the elevator went up with it's usual horrible noises.

You sighed and looked down at the dog, hoping that the cute sight was going to distract you from the nervousness you started to feel.

You frowned when you saw the dog started to crawl closer to it's owner's legs then let out a whine.

Just then the lift stopped so suddenly, that you and Jake both leaned to the wall for support.