Chapter 16

'I'm so not ready, I'm so not ready, I'm so not ready.' your mind chanted, while your eyes traveled from Chifuyu's face to his wide chest.

You cleared your throat and gulped loudly.

"Whenever you want." you said aloud, making Chifuyu smile. "Lay down on the couch." you continued, seeing that he was eager to get started.

Chifuyu said as he was told and you brought your box which contained your tattooing equipment to the coffee table, then went to the bathroom to get the razor.

When you walked back to the living room, you saw that Chifuyu had taken off his shirt, and was now laying half naked on the couch.

'Holy shit.' you stopped suddenly, and was only able to stare at him. 'Okay, shit, calm down, you've done this a hundred times before.' you took a deep breath, and stood in the doorway for a minute to stop your hands from shaking.

He was laying on his back, talking to Amaya, so he didn't notice you hesitating. From this distance you could see that he had another tattoo, close to his collarbone.

You walked next to the couch, and got on your knees next to Chifuyu, trying not to focus on his muscular body.

'Wow, he's jacked.' you thought, biting your lip as you put on your purple medical gloves. You pulled out your antibacterial soap and started rubbing it slowly on his torso.

Chifuyu's breath caught in his throat the moment you touched his bare skin, and you quickly pulled away your hand.

"Sorry." you blurted out shyly.

"It's okay, it was just cold." Chifuyu lied, while he started focusing on slowing down his heartbeat.

The feel of you touching him, no, caressing him, made his head dizzy. He closed his eyes, because the sight of you kneeling next to him with your cute cat ears, and caressing his sides, stomach and chest while he's laying half-naked on your couch, made him think of some other activities than getting ready for a tattoo.

You were cleaning the area with your hand.

"What are you doing?" Amaya asked, as she kneeled on the floor next to you.

"I'm cleaning his skin from bacteries, so his tattoo's not gonna get infected."

"Why would it get infected?" Amaya asked again, and watched as you put down the soap bottle and gestured for the tattoo needles in the box.

"When the needle breaks the skin, bacteries can get in, if his skin isn't cleaned."

Chifuyu opened his eyes when he heard Amaya, and saw how she looked at the needles, then at him, then back at the needles again.

"You mean the tattoo is not on his skin, but under it?!"

Both you and Chifuyu started to laugh at her horrified expression.

"That's how I got my birdies and my other tattoos too, sweetheart." Chifuyu said with an amused smile.

"That's why they don't come off when he's taking a bath." you explained, as you picked up the razor and started shaving his hair on his side.

"But doesn't it hurt?" she asked, looking at Chifuyu in worry.

"Just a little." he reassured her.

"Why do you shave him?"

"It prevents the needle to stuck in the hair, which would pull and hurt more. It also prevents the needle to push the hair down under the skin." you replied.

Chifuyu was laying with one of his hands behind his head and with the other laying on his chest. He watched with a small smile as you shaved him and explained everything to Amaya. He kinda wanted to reach out and caress your hair, to make you feel more comfortable around him, but he remained motionless and just imagined how your locks would feel between his fingers.

After you were done shaving him, you put down the razor and stood up.

"Okay, let's go to the mirror and see where you want me to put the tattoo." you said as you grabbed the stencil and walked to the full length mirror on the other side of the room.

Chifuyu and Amaya followed you and Chifuyu stood in front of the mirror, raising his right hand and turning sideways.

"Uh, here somewhere?" he motioned with his other hand to the area between his ribs and hip.

You held the stencil to his body.

"Here?"

"Mhm."

"Okay." you said, pushing the paper on his skin and smoothing it out with a sponge, using soap and water.

Chifuyu bit his lip as he watched you, enjoying the feeling of your hands on his body again.

You slowly pulled down the paper, leaving the drawing on Chifuyu's body.

You smiled, looking at it, you managed to put it on perfectly at the first try.

"I think it looks good." you said, then stepped away so Chifuyu can see it in the mirror.

Chifuyu grinned widely when he saw himself.

"What do you think, Amaya?"

"It's pretty!" she said smiling, clapping a few times.

"You haven't even started and I already love it." Chifuyu said with a charming smile.

You giggled and felt as your cheeks got warmer, so you quickly averted your gaze, cleared your throat and turned around to walk back to the couch.

You got on your knees next to it again, and started sterilizing your equipment.

"We have to wait a few minutes until your skin dries." you said while Chifuyu laid back on the couch.

"How long will it take to get it done?" Chifuyu asked, as he watched you setting up the tattoo machine.

"I think around 5 hours. But we don't have to do it at one go, I can do the outlines now and the shading next time." you suggested, looking up at him. "Or we can just get started and if it gets uncomfortable or painful, we can stop."

"I would like to get it done now, but I'll tell you if it gets too much." Chifuyu said, putting his right hand behind his head and the other on his stomach, looking at you with a warm expression.

You smiled at him, then continued setting up the machine, and pouring out the ink.

After a few minutes, when his skin dried you turned on the tattooing machine.

"Ready?"

Chifuyu nodded, biting his lower lip as he watched you put on your glasses, lean above him and put the needle against his skin.

"Should I be worried about the fact that last time when you were tattooing my neck, you didn't wear your glasses?" Chifuyu asked teasingly.

"Your birds look fine, don't they?" you asked back with a smile as you wiped the small amount of blood and ink from his skin. "I didn't wear them, because they have very simple lines and it was easy for me to see them. This one is a bit more complicated." you said as you leaned over him again and pushed the needle in his skin.

When Amaya saw the blood, she stood up.

"Eww, I'm never gonna get a tattoo." she said as she walked on the other side of the table and continued drawing.

Chifuyu and you laughed at her comment.

"I thought you wanted birdies like Uncle Chifuyu." you teased her, and Chifuyu chuckled when you called him that.

"I've changed my mind."