Chapter 33

During the ride, you started to get more relaxed. Chifuyu kept his promise and wasn't driving fast, and feeling his strong body in your arms made you feel safe, well, not during the first turn, where you were scared of falling, but you managed to live through that, and actually now the turns were your favourite part, because you could hold Chifuyu stronger.

Sometimes you leant your head on Chifuyu's back, watching as the buildings and trees passed by. Everytime you stopped at a red light, Chifuyu let go of the motorcycle and he either put his hands on top of yours which was around him, or he put them on your thighs, lightly caressing them, making you smile.

When you were riding for almost half an hour, you looked around, trying to figure out where Chifuyu was taking you. You started to feel nervous when you saw the familiar buildings that were not far from Noa's tattoo parlor and when you were about three blocks from the place you remembered what Chifuyu said about this mysterious job he found you, and you started to panic.

You let go of him with one of your arms and started patting his shoulder to get his attention. He turned his head to look at you and you pointed to the side of the road.

Chifuyu knew you must have realized where he was taking you, and as he stopped at the side, he questioned himself if it was really a good idea to keep it as a surprise.

Just when the bike stopped, you quickly jumped down from it and tried to get off your helmet, but because of your shaking hands you couldn't unfasten the strap which was under your chin, and just grew more frustrated.

When Chifuyu felt that you climbed off so quickly, he turned his head and watched in worry as you paced back and forth as you tried to take off your helmet. He quickly turned off the engine and climbed down too, then hurried to you. When he grabbed your shoulders, you jumped slightly, but let him help you and as soon as you felt the strap let loose you pulled down the helmet and took a deep breath.

"Are you okay?" Chifuyu asked he pulled off his helmet too, and watched you in worry, reaching his hand out towards you.

You took a step away from him, and looked up at him with such vulnerability, that he seriously considered just walking in front of a car to hit him, so he could punish himself for putting you in a state like this.

You started shaking your head lightly, while you watched Chifuyu, and tried to calm yourself down. You trusted him, and knew he wouldn't do anything to hurt you or make you feel unsafe, so why are you going there?

"I'm sorry, I should've told you before taking you here." Chifuyu said with a slightly pained voice, it was killing him that he couldn't touch you and you even took a step away from him. Again.

"Why are we here?" you asked, feeling as your heart beated fast against your ribcage, but you tried not to panic.

Chifuyu didn't try to get closer to you this time, he knew you'd only let him if he gained your trust again. He bet Noa was the opposite, he could just picture in his head that he got closer and closer to you until you didn't have more space to back away from him, and he cornered you, trying you tame you like someone would do with a scared animal.

The thought of him touching you without your consent made his blood boil and he clenched his fists, forcing them against his side, not giving himself any chance to make a move which might make you feel scared.

Chifuyu licked his lips, and studied your face and body for a moment before he spoke. You were keeping eye contact with him, which was a good sign, because he knew whenever you were feeling nervous, you just look at the ground, or you were looking in his eyes for only just a second every now and then.

Not that you were not nervous now, but the way you were looking at him and how your body was fully facing him told him that you were still trusting him, just couldn't understand the situation which made you wary of him.