Chapter 28

You looked around on the corridor, then crouched down to inspect the box better. You slowly pulled out the letter and opened it, a message with confident handwriting greeted you.

Dear Y/N,

I understand that you want to be alone for a while after what happened, and I promise I won't disturb you for the next couple of days. I had to leave to take care of something, but I want you to know that you can come to me if you need anything after I return.

I bought this gift for you a few days ago, but I didn't have the chance to give it to you. I hope you like it - Amaya said you would.

Take care,

Chifuyu

Your heart jumped in your throat when you read that he wasn't home - and won't be home for days.

You looked at his door on the other side of the corridor with wide eyes and felt as tears welled up in them. You clenched the letter close to your chest, then looked down at the box, picked it up and brought it in to your apartment.

You put it on the coffee table and you kneeled in front if it, then unfolded the red ribbon and opened the box.

You gasped and put your hands in front of your mouth when you realized it was the artist pencil set you always admired whenever you walked by the art shop.

You climbed on the couch and curled into a ball as you started crying.

You were sure now that Chifuyu was an angel. A guardian angel who is taking care of you. He befriended you when you thought no one would want to, he protected you when you thought you were helpless and he wanted to be next to you, even when he learned about your problems.

He was so nice to you, what could you possibly offer him as an exchange?

Depression, panic attacks and self harm?

You tried to think about a reason why he was interested in you, why he was so helpful and nice to you.

When you didn't find a reason, you then tried to think about why you pushed him away. He saved you from Noa, and what did you do? Said him thanks then ran away.

You looked at the letter and wiped your tears away.

He wrote that he understood it, but you didn't.

You were afraid. Every time you walked to a room from another, you checked if Noa was there. Like it was just a dream that Chifuyu scared him away and you woke up to find him still there, or if Chifuyu did make him leave he would be come back to get revenge.

You shuddered at the thought and quickly got up, run to your door and locked it, then went to all of the windows and did the same, pulling the curtains close.

You climbed in your bed, buried under layers of blankets, realizing that knowing that Chifuyu wasn't close, you were more scared than ever.

There was no way you could leave the apartment, and after your hunger turned worse, you decided to order some food.

______________________

The next day went slower than Chifuyu expected.

It took a whole day but thanks to Baji and Mikey having connections almost everywhere in the world, they managed to get what they needed and the next morning Baji and Kazutora brought Noa to Mikey and then to the prison.

They wanted Chifuyu to stay back in the hotel, but he wanted to go with them, needing to see as Noa was indeed behind bars, so he followed them from afar and watched from a cover as Noa yelled at the guards and the warden that he was innocent.