Chapter 4

You bit your lip, when you heard his words, then your eyes shifted to the little girl in his arms. Was she his daughter? They had similar eyes after all.

Chifuyu smiled when he saw that you were looking at Amaya.

"This is Amaya, my best friend's daughter." he said then he turned to the girl. "Amaya, this is my neighbor, Y/N."

"Hello, Miss Y/N." she said with a wave and you couldn't help but smile at her.

Chifuyu's eyes widened when he saw your smile, it was still shy, but he haven't seen you smile since he met you, so he was amazed that Amaya could bring out one from you.

"Nice to meet you, Amaya. You have a beautiful name. And you can call me Y/N." you said as you took off your glasses.

Chifuyu's heart melted when you complimented Amaya's name. He suggested Takemitchi her name, so it hit a soft spot when you mentioned it.

"Thank you, Y/N." Amaya said with a big smile "Your drawing is very pretty! Can I see it?" she asked as she reached out both of her arms towards your sketchbook.

Chifuyu gave you a worried look, and he was about to tell Amaya to stop being so nosy, but then he saw as you grabbed the book and held it out for her.

"Well, yeah, but it's not finished yet." you said shyly.

Amaya gave you a big grin and leaned closer to look at the drawing, and you saw that Chifuyu did the same. You bit the inside of your cheek, nervously. For a child it must've looked pretty, but you were sure Chifuyu thought it was lame.

"Can I turn the pages?" Amaya asked.

"Sure." you said with a small smile on your face.

"This is amazing, Y/N." Chifuyu said as he looked up at you with admiration in his eyes "Where did you learn to draw like that?" he asked, looking down at the drawings again, mesmerized.

Your breath caught in your throat, and you saw as your hands started to shake, so you withdraw the book, closed it, and put it on the counter, while you looked down at it.

Did he just say it's amazing?

You shrugged your shoulders, fidgeting with the cover.

"Practice, I guess."

Chifuyu saw that the sketchbook had "Tattoo Designs" written over it, and his eyes widened.

Before he could ask if you could make him a tattoo, you cleared your throat and asked.

"So how can I help you?" you looked up at him briefly, then at Amaya, and you frowned a little at her, because she was still looking at you with a big grin on her face.

"Oh, uhm, you see, it's my best friend's wife's birthday and I brought Amaya here to help me choose some flowers for the bouquet." Chifuyu answered as he looked at you with a smile.

You looked back at him surprised. You thought it was cute as hell that he brought her along. You chuckled a little and Chifuyu's smile widened at that. You looked at Amaya and gestured for the flowers.

"So Amaya, which one do you like the most?"

The little girl looked around and her eyes fell on a vase full of light pink flowers called gladiolus.

"That one!" she pointed at it and Chifuyu walked closer to the wall where the flowers were in different vases, to see exactly which one she was pointing at.

"Oh, a pink one, what a surprise." Chifuyu said amused, as he grinned at you.

You smiled, but you were still looking at Amaya.