Chapter 38

You were standing in the middle of your room, debating what to wear as a pajama, since you're gonna spend the night at Chifuyu's place. The scars on your thighs healed from where you last cut yourself, so you could wear shorts, if you wanted to.

You hugged yourself for comfort, you hoped you don't have to speak about that to Chifuyu ever. You never cut yourself so deep, that it won't disappear, and now that Noa was out of the picture, and Chifuyu was in your life, you hoped you will never feel the need to do that, or to cut even deeper.

The black shorts reached the middle of your thighs, so they weren't that short, and you paired it with a big, light gray shirt.

You also pulled on a pair of socks, which Chifuyu will totally find weird, but your feet could get ice cold even if you covered them with your blanket. Or maybe you should wear long pants, so it won't look so lame?

"Sweetheart, any minute now!" you heard Chifuyu's playful voice from the livingroom. "We're just gonna sleep at my place, not going to a fancy party."

Ugh, okay, you pulled on your light blue plush robes, put on your slilppers and walked out.

"Okay, don't freak out, but I'm wearing socks in bed." you warned him as you walked to him, while he stood up.

He chuckled and wrapped his arms around your shoulders, kissing the top of your head.

"Cute. You don't have to, though, I'm gonna keep you warm." he wiggled his eyebrows, and you hit his chest playfully.

_____________________

Chifuyu was right, he kept you warm. His body was like a giant heater.

When you walked in his room, and pulled down your robe, he smiled when he saw you were comfortable enough with him to wear shorts. He climbed in bed in his boxers and a white shirt, and you cuddled up in his waiting arms.

This was the best you slept in months.

His arms were protectively around you all night, and you felt him kiss your hair a few times during the night. In the morning you two made breakfast and ate on the couch, spending the whole day watching the first season of Demon Slayer which Chifuyu had fallen in love with after the first few minutes.

_______________________

The next couple of weeks were like a dream came true, Chifuyu took you out on dates every few night, sometimes you went to the cinema, sometimes he took you out for dinner, and sometimes he took you to a picnic in the nearby woods.

During the day you were working on the tattoo parlor with the interior designer, while Chifuyu was with Baji, working on a new job.

He told you he's gonna have to leave you for a few weeks soon, and you wondered how you were going to cope being alone again. The days were gonna be okay, if you're not painting designs on the walls of the salon, you will spend your time at Takemitchi's house, playing video games with Hina, or drawing with Amaya.

But the nights will be lonely, that's for sure.

You managed to finish the tattoo parlor before Chifuyu had to leave, and he totally loved it. He praised you for your idea of representing his favourite themes on the walls in life-size.

Chifuyu and Baji managed to hire two other tattoo artists, a man and a woman, who were both equally excited to work in such a nice place.

____________________

It was one day before Chifuyu had to leave for a job, and Chifuyu noticed you were more quiet than usual.

You two were in the tattoo parlor, he was sitting at the counter, looking over your sketchbook, marvelling at your latest works, while you were drawing up a stencil at your table for a client who will come back in a few hours.