2

The next stop was to buy condoms, since he wasn't sure if his stock was sufficient or even still usable. He didn't know how long the shelf life of condoms was, it should be long right? Since they're rubber and not perishable stuff. He bought a whole dozen boxes of them since he was feeling very positive, and he added lube too, just in case, two dozens of beers and a few bottles of energy drinks.

He put everything in front of the cashier, a pimply teenager who eyed him from top to bottom and gave him a wink and two thumbs up. Wei Wuxian chuckled as he gave him his card to pay. The teenager swiped the card, and raised his brow.

"Got another card, mister? This one's declined." He gave Wei Wuxian his card back. 

Wei Wuxian frowned as he opened his wallet to take another card and gave it to the boy. He was sure that he paid all of his credit cards on time, he was anal about it since if he was late, Mianmian would be angry.

"This one's been declined too. Cash maybe?"

Wei Wuxian took the card and put it back in his wallet. Then he took out his phone to scan the barcode, but it also showed an 'insufficient fund' sign. He frowned, he remembered clearly that this one was his business account, there should be a couple thousand dollars there. But he finally rummaged through his wallet and took out some cash. Thankfully, he went to the ATM this morning for gas and miscellaneous stuff, so there was a little bit of a leftover. After he paid, he took all the stuff and dialed Mianmian's number. But she did not answer.

Strange. She was supposed to be home early today, since she said she had an appointment tomorrow with her dentist. Ah well, maybe she's in the shower. He made notes to ask Mianmian about the discrepancy tomorrow, maybe she forgot to pay the bills, as usual. He then drove back to his house, where he had been living for almost his adult life, the first house he bought, his pride and joy. Of course he would have to move out soon and sell the house, since they already put a down payment on a new house that was more suitable for raising a family. But until then, he would enjoy his last moments there.

Shortly after Wei Wuxian arrived home but he saw that the house was dark and the beemer wasn't there. How strange, this morning, Mianmian told him that she would be back early and helped him pack their stuff for the new home. 

Wei Wuxian looked around the little house of his, the little herb garden he planted with all his heart, the swing on the back porch, the tree where he carved his and Mianmian's initial when they were first dating, four years and six months ago. He caressed the carving with a wistful smile on his face, then he entered the house. He put the roses and the wine and caviar on the table, went to the bathroom to take a shower and changed into jeans and black shirt. He combed his silky long black hair–the one thing that he wasn't going to compromise by cutting it short according to Mianmian's will, and tied it back in a ponytail, and then he tried to call Mianmian again.

He woke up to the sound of the front door being knocked impatiently, and he noticed that the wine and caviar were still on the table–untouched, the roses wilted. He checked his phone and there were no missed calls or messages and it was already eight in the morning, so he stood up and walked to the door to see who visited him at this hour of the day. 

He opened the door to a few men dressed in all black with sunglasses, which made him raised his brow in amusement. 

"Yes, may I help you?" He asked them politely. Probably asking for direction.

"Mr. Wei Wuxian?" The man asked him.

"Correct. And you are…?"

"We are from debt collection agency, and we are here to collect your overdue payment." The man gave him a paper. "You have until the end of the day to pay for the loan, or we will take this to court." He turned around and left. "Have a good day, Mr. Wei."