30

You've been invited to

The Holy Matrimony 
of

Jiang Yanli
&
Lan Xichen

It will be a great honor for you to join us in 
celebrating this beautiful day

at

Cloud Recess Hotel Poolside

Saturday, 8th August 2024

The weather on August 8th was perfect. Sunny, a little bit windy, with no dark cloud hanging around. In fact, it's a perfect day for an outdoor wedding, which was why Jiang Yanli was glowing with happiness. 

She never thought that she would marry Lan Xichen, the one she had had a crush on for years. She never knew that he also noticed her and shortly after Wei Wuxian's departure, he came to the kitchen frequently, and they talked and talked, and finally he asked her out.

Now, three years later, they finally got married. 

Then she heard a knock on her door, and entered Shen Qingqiu with a huge bouquet in his hand. She smiled brightly as she saw who entered the room. 

Ever since Wei Wuxian left, they became close friends and confidants, and finally, when they learned that he was back in business, they supported him. She didn't tell all of this to Lan Wangji though. Ever since he learned that Wei Wuxian was gone, he went nuts for some time, but then he came back with a determination. She also never saw him date again. Or involving himself with the professionals. At least that's what Xie Lian told them, he heard that from his boyfriend, Hua Cheng.

She wondered if he would be happy, or the opposite, when he saw that she invited Wei Wuxian and he said he would come and introduce them to someone.

"Qiuqiu, have you heard from him?" She didn't want to speak his name, afraid that Lan Wangji would hear them somehow. He was nice to all of them, but that's it. He closed himself off, and only focused on his job. Basically he lived like a hermit, no, a priest.

"He said he'll be here after he inspect the kitchen." They used his catering service for this wedding. 

"Good. Pour me some champagne please, I'm nervous."

"Yes, Your Majesty." Shen Qingqiu chuckled as he put down the bouquet and poured two glasses of champagne. "To a new life."

Lan Wangji was downing the second glass of champagne and put the empty glass back on the tray, when he saw the cute little boy around three years old was running to his direction and giggling happily. Then he tried to stop but he accidentally bumped into Lan Wangji's knees and rolled back like a clumsy panda, still giggling.

"Oh my, what a menace you are." Lan Wangji lifted the boy up in his arms and he smeared his spit-covered hand on Lan Wangji's cheeks. "Oh Jesusfuckingchrist that was gross…" but the boy only giggled more and hugged Lan Wangji and gave him sloppy kisses on his face. "Ugh disgusting…" but he didn't turn away, since he found it oddly comforting.

Goddamnit, did he lose his mind, to enjoy kisses from a fucking toddler like this? 

True, he didn't have any relationship, personal or professional, ever since Wei Wuxian left him with a hole exactly his size in his heart. He just was not interested in sleeping around anymore ever since he left him.

"Where's your mommy, little boy?" He asked the boy who kissed him again and giggled. Lan Wangji sighed. This boy was too friendly. What if he was kidnapped or something?