31

The wedding went smoothly as planned. Lan Xichen and Jiang Yanli looked very much in love, while Lan Wangji couldn't wait until this was all over. 

He looked at his watch for the nth time when the priest was still reciting his blessings, when Hua Cheng finally asked him. 

"What are you doing? You're squirming like there's a hot potato in your pants." Hua Cheng whispered to Lan Wangji since they were both the best men along with a couple of Lan Xichen's friends since childhood, Nie Mingjue and Jin Guangyao. "By the way, your partner is looking at you, she seems interested."

"I'm not and Wei Ying is back." He finally whispered back to Hua Cheng the reason why he was so antsy.

"Well, no wonder you got that itch in your pants. Can't wait to scratch it, Wangji boy?" Hua Cheng chuckled lightly but the priest looked at him with annoyed expression so he shut his mouth. "We'll talk later."

Wei Wuxian was in the kitchen, checking the food preparation when Jingyi burst in carrying baby Feng Xue and they laughed together.

"Uncle Wei, your baby is so cute, is he my uncle's kid? Is that why you ran away three years ago? Because he impregnated you and then refused to be responsible?" He asked Wei Wuxian, who lifted his brow, questioning the young man's logic.

"Jingyi, do you even know anything at all about human reproduction?" He sighed as he continued to check the plates. "Clean this up." He told one of the cooks who took the imperfect plate away. "And where did you get the gossip from?"

"Well, my dad told me about birds and bees and so on, but he said as long as two people love each other they will get a baby. Then you come back with a baby and I know my uncle loves you so much." He grinned. "And what gossip?" 

Now Wei Wuxian knew that this kid was only teasing him.

"You rascal." 

"By the way, I'm borrowing my nephew here until tomorrow. And the babysitter." Jingyi looked sheepish as he spoke about the babysitter.

"Nora?" Wei Wuxian chuckled. Now he knew why Jingyi was here. "Of course, as long as she agreed. And the baby's bedtime is at eight, so if you want to–and Nora is okay with it–you may accompany them."

"Thank you, Uncle Wei!" Jingyi beamed and he went out to find Nora to tell her the good news. 

Nora was someone from the orphanage that he took under his wing, because she was a gifted young woman. She could do all his tax and every accounting thing, which he wasn't good at and which caused him the rift with Mianmian in the first place. And the most important thing was that she loved Feng Xue and vice versa.

"What are you thinking?" 

He suddenly was enveloped by the smell of sandalwood and citrus and it triggered a Pavlovian response in him. He purred and leaned back to the wide chest, and he was hugged from behind.

"You. I was thinking about you." 

"Well, you have to wait until tonight to do whatever you're thinking about to me, since I need to get back to the party now." Lan Wangji kissed his neck and bit it.

"Mm, and here I thought we could play hooky." Wei Wuxian pretended to sigh heavily. And he felt the grip on his waist tightened.

"Are you sure?" Lan Wangji whispered in his ear. "I thought you're busy and all. I was about to run back to my room upstairs to get a quick cold shower." He bit Wei Wuxian's earlobe. "But if you're not busy, do you want to come with me?"

Lan Wangji surely had changed. He usually just forced his way and took him no matter what he wanted or wherever they were. Now he asked him first before he did anything.