6

Lan Wangji went into the indoor pool to swim some laps to cool his muscles down, and Hua Cheng joined him. They always worked out together, and went out to dinner at least twice a week just as if they were joined at the hips. Besides, they were both single and pining for someone, so it was easier for them to be with each other rather than go out with other people with hidden agenda. 

It was not a secret that Lan Wangji and Hua Cheng were the most eligible bachelors, which many chaebol young women–and men, from influential families were determined to put their stakes on any one of them. Of course there were still other, more approachable bachelors such as the Jin's two legitimate sons and two illegitimate sons, the Wen's three sons, and the Nie's two brothers. Even Lan Wangji's older brother was also included, and they all had their shares of women–and men, coming in and out of their beds. The difference was the two of them were never playing around with any of their suitors since they were busy building their own empires, while most of the others only depended on their fathers and grandfathers.

It was almost half an hour later when they surfaced from the pool and headed into the bathroom to shower and change into clean clothes, when Lan Wangji checked his phone. There was an email from Luo Binghe with an attachment, and he opened it since it must be the nutritionist's resume.

And paused.

Then he called Hua Cheng, who just came out of the shower and was only wearing the towel on his lower body.

"Huahua, tell me what do you see?" Lan Wangji showed him his phone, which opened to show Wei Wuxian's picture.

"Hmm, long black hair, pretty, probably silver eyes, dunno about the perky ass though. Did you just browse your Grindr or something? Jesus… I thought you had an appointment with Vivienne tonight, or was it Beau? I can never keep up with your toy of the month."

"Trust me on the ass, that was the most delectable ass that I have ever seen and touched and ate." Lan Wangji smiled widely. This was so not what he expected. He should give Luo Binghe a huge bonus for his accidental help. 

"Dude, really? That's your pretty little thing?" Hua Cheng took Lan Wangji's phone forcefully and zoomed in on the photo. "Well, he's very pretty alright… wait, is this the nutritionist that Binghe is going to introduce to you?" He zoomed out and looked at the rest of the resume. "Wei Wuxian. Why is that name so familiar?" Hua Cheng read the rest of the resume. "Caterer of the year two years straight, best nutritionist two years straight, has his own catering service… wait." Hua Cheng took his own phone and checked his message. "Look at this." He showed his own phone to Lan Wangji, who took it and read the message from 'Dianxia'.

"Dianxia? Really?" Lan Wangji chuckled and he read the message.

The longer he read the message, the darker his expression became, and when he finished reading the case file, he gave the phone back to Hua Cheng.

"I want you to put He Xuan on this case. Dig everything about this woman, and everyone around her. Put all of the expenses on me." He Xuan was Hua Cheng's best man. Investigator, mercenary, interrogator, he was their go-to man for hard and complicated jobs. And he was very expensive. But very very good.

"Mm, are you sure? I mean, you don't even know this… man, and you're willing to help him to that extent? What if he's one of the honey traps that your many enemies sent you?" Hua Cheng was very surprised with his best friend's decision. As far as he knew, Lan Wangji, although he slept with many people–men and women, he never once showed any extra care toward any of them. He just used them and ditched them afterwards, and he was very forward about what he wanted prior to the explicit activity. Lately he even only used very discreet and very high-end professional service–which boasted full privacy–after he was appointed as the CEO, because one of the women he slept with was starting to get clingy and demanded a proper relationship, which he had no time nor interest in. He also slapped the NDA(non-disclosure agreement) to anyone who came in contact with him–intimate or not, very sparingly. He even tasked Hua Cheng's team to sweep his loft, his gym, his office and his cars for any listening device. That's how careful–and borderline paranoid–he was, the risk of his job.

So, what made this one special? 

He probably should do his own sleuthing, since the timing of all of this seemed… convenient. Call him paranoid, but he just didn't want his best friend to be used by unknown people, no matter how beautiful they were, or how dear they were to them, himself included.

"Yes, I'm sure. And I want you to install security cameras in my loft before my nutritionist moves in tomorrow."

"... are you going to be a creep and stalk the poor guy?"

"Well, we have to be sure that he wasn't sent by our enemies, like you said. And I have to be sure he would not poison my food. Gotta cover all my bases you know, also, honey trap seems to be on trend lately, like you said."

"Honey trap my ass, and are you going to throw my own words back to moi?"

"I'm just saying that it was originally your idea, not mine."

"Dear God, I can't even with you." Hua Cheng groaned in frustration since every word he said was being thrown back at him.

Lan Wangji only chuckled as he dialed a number on his phone. He needed to interview Wei Wuxian as soon as possible–today would be the best, and to do that, he needed to cancel another appointment. 

He didn't wait long before someone answered the number in a smooth as honey voice.

"Young Master Lan, are you calling to make sure that Vivianne and Beau are available? I told you that they have been waiting for you ever since your last appointment…"

"Giselle, I'm calling to cancel my appointment today, for an unforeseeable future. I will still pay you for today's session though."

"What? But, why? Are you not satisfied with our service? Young Master!" 

Lan Wangji already ended the call without explanation or anything, and not like he had to, he paid an exorbitant amount to make sure that he could do whatever he wanted to whoever he asked for. And for the last five years, it worked. 

Until now.

He then dialed Luo Binghe's number to tell him to tell Wei Wuxian to come this afternoon to his loft for an interview. Which he agreed right away, leaving a satisfied smirk on his handsome face.

He was giddy with the thought of seeing that ass… no, man again, although he would not reject if the man was willing to share that ass with him again, but judging from how he escaped after their steamy night together five years ago, he doubted that the man would be willing to easily share his ass with him on their first meeting.

But he had the patience of a predator stalking his prey.

And that man, Wei Wuxian, would soon be his. 

Whatever it takes.