5

Wei Wuxian woke up with a cotton-mouth and bleary eyes. He thought that he was having a nightmare when the events from the previous day came rushing through his mind once again. He clutched his head in imaginary pain, and started to feel nauseated. How could she do this to him? But he didn't have much time to wallow in pain, since Shen Qingqiu opened his door with a bang and dragged him out of the bed and threw him into the shower.

"Go take a shower then come down. There's someone I want you to meet."

Wei Wuxian only nodded and cleaned himself up with minimum effort before he toweled his body dry. He looked into a mirror and took notice of his body. He used to be lean and strong with a defined six pack, but now he ran into the skinnier side with his rib bones jutting out of his skin, and he noticed the gaunt in his face. Was this the reason why Mianmian left him? Because he looked unkempt like some lowly worker instead of the owner of a successful catering business?

Anyway he didn't want to think about it. For now, he needed to focus on how to get out of this whole mess and get back on his feet again. He rummaged through his overnight bag and took out clean underwear, a dark printed t-shirt and ripped jeans, and he wore them before he went down to meet whoever it was that Shen Qingqiu wanted him to meet.

Shen Qingqiu was in the middle of refilling his and his friend's coffee when Wei Wuxian walked out of his room at the back of the house. He entered the kitchen to see a handsome man in white shirt and beige trouser, sitting on the chair in front of Shen Qingqiu. He vaguely remembered his face, yet he couldn't recall where he had seen him.

"Xianxian, meet my friend, Xie Lian. He's a lawyer and he will help you with your case." Shen Qingqiu introduced them. "Xie Lian, this is my best friend Wei Wuxian. He just got conned by his ex fiance out of all of his savings, his house, and she even left him with a huge loan from a loan shark. Can you please help him?"

"Wait, a lawyer?" Wei Wuxian dragged Shen Qingqiu out of their way. "Excuse me for a moment, Mr. Xie, I want to talk to my best friend here about something."

"Mr. Wei, if you're worried about my payment, then please don't. I owe Qingqiu here and I will do this work pro bono as a return to his kindness." Xie Lian smiled as he gave Wei Wuxian his card, and told him straight about the solution of his problem. 

Of course he could not pay for anything, he was broke for chrissake. But he was also thankful to Shen Qingqiu for thinking about him and helping him like this. He was forever grateful to his best friend.

"You should retain him, Xianxian. He's the best fraud and financial crimes lawyer there is." Shen Qingqiu's face was serious. "He will help you find and persecute that bitch, and he will definitely find her."

After thinking about it for the whole minute, Wei Wuxian smiled and shook Xie Lian's hand. 

"I'll be in your care then, Mr. Xie."

"Please call me Xie Lian, Mr. Wei."

"Then please call me Xianxian."

"Okay then, Xianxian, so, the first step that we should do now is to hire a P.I. I know it's probably out of your budget, but I have a retainer P.I in my pocket, so you don't have to worry about it." Xie Lian gave Wei Wuxian a reassuring smile. "So, to start with, can you give me your ex-fiance's details? Name, address, date of birth, parents name, old address, any address, known associates, everything."

"Sure, I can give you that, let me write down all of her details."

"Perfect."

Luo Binghe counted the reps that his client did, and he was impressed. They were inside the private gym that was located on top of Gusu Enterprise building, where he had an access to enter freely, since he was working as the boss' personal trainer.

Lan Wangji was an up and rising CEO of Gusu Enterprise, the youngest heir who took the reign of the biggest entertainment industry in the country. In turn he depended on Luo Binghe to train his body to always be at its peak. He was tall and lean without an inch of extra fat, and he had a very strong core and upper body strength. He could lift Luo Binghe with one hand if he wanted to, as the latter could see how he did the push up with only one hand. His muscles rippled and Luo Binghe couldn't help but admire his body. 

The other person in the room was also very impressive, with his strong body, although he focused more on the martial arts workout rather than the machine help. Luo Binghe gladly sparred with both of them, and although he was the teacher, it didn't mean that he always won.

"So, Wangji, are you still looking for a nutritionist? A friend of mine happens to be available if you still do." Luo Binghe opened the conversation when he saw Lan Wangji had finished his reps.

"Yes, I am. Send me your friend's resume and I will check him out." 

"Will do. I'll ask him to send me one now." Luo Binghe went out of the gym and to the locker to find his phone and asked for Xianxian to send him his resume.

Lan Wangji took a towel and wiped his sweat from his face and naked torso, then he threw the towel to the other person in the room.

"Hey, what the hell dude?" He gagged and threw the towel away to the corner, and laughed. No one knew that he was the owner of the biggest private military contractor in the country, and Lan Wangji's best friend since childhood, the Ghost King, Hua Cheng, since he looked so laid back and easygoing, while he could tear your heart out in a second if he wanted to.

"I was wondering how your investigation went. You know, regarding the matter of the thing I asked you to do, almost five years ago?"

"You know, only two people in this world who treat me like I'm some kind of a lowly P.I, not like I mind since you're my bro and all. But hey, you didn't even give me his name, only his description. Long silky black hair, beautiful face, pouty mouth, perky ass, and silver eyes. I mean, dude, do I look like some kind of a dating application to you? Do you know how many people I looked up with long silky black hair, beautiful face, pouty mouth, perky ass? No, scratch that, I didn't even get to ask about the perky ass yet since they blocked me right after I asked them, 'hey, did you happen to have a hot one night stand around five years ago with the hottest man alive whose name I can't even tell you?' You make me look like a pervert by asking those questions around for five fuckin' year."

"You're awfully chatty today, did the pretty little thing that you have your eyes on contacted your lowly P.I ass to ask for your 'pro bono' help?" Lan Wangji chuckled as he saw that his comment hit straight on his mark. "Hey, on the bright side, he even gave you extra tips every time you sent him some confidential info. Maybe this time you should ask him out on a date instead of a measly tip."

"Right, I don't even think that he looks at me that way." Hua Cheng sighed.

"Oh? Does this mean that little Sanlang is afraid to be rejected?"

"Shut up, I will stop looking for your pretty little thing if you keep on doing that." Hua Cheng's face became burning from shyness.

"Ha, did I hit a nerve? Oh sweet Jesus, go ask him out already, surely the worst thing that could happen is he rejects you, which I highly doubt since no one is looking for you as much as he did. Not even me, and we're practically joined at the hips."

"I'll think about that later." 

Lan Wangji only sighed at his best friend's stubbornness, but he had other matters to think about, and business was taking most of his free time and gave him ulcers, so he needed to find a nutritionist right away, whatever it was. He shuddered to think that he would share his private living quarters with a stranger since he would need the nutritionist to tend him twenty four hours a day. Not even his brother could enter his space at any given time. 

But he should find a way around that. Maybe he could find another apartment in the same building as him and ask the nutritionist to prepare everything and his man could pick the food up instead of him or her going into his apartment to cook. There.

Now all he had to do was wait for the resume that Luo Binghe had promised him to send and check the person out. He would leave that to Hua Cheng since he always found a way to dig the unseen dirt on people.