Chapter 39

Adria's POV:

"Let me out, you bastard", The voice confirmed that the person was a woman.

The woman was screaming continuously and banging on the door. The voice sounded oddly familiar but I wasn't able to point out who it was.

"I am going to kill you bastard, cut you into pieces and feed your body to the dogs. Oh wait even they won't eat your filthy flesh", now I was more scared of the person locked inside than the person who locked her.

"I will.. I will try to open the door", I said in a trembling voice, still not able to figure out who is inside the door.

"Adria? Adria, is that you? Oh my god! Are you fine. I was so worried about you?", the girl asked.

"I am sorry but who are you", I said while trying to open the door but sadly it was locked.

"You didn't recognise me? Ohh how would you? My voice has become so harsh shouting at this asshole all day. It's me Ca.."

"Adria?", someone called me before the girl could complete her sentence. It was Austin. He was wearing a pair of grey sweatpants and a black tank top as he walked out of his room, looking like a sex god. He stood there so casually as if he did not have a girl held captive a few rooms away from his.

"Adria.. is it you?", he smiled brightly as he walked near me. The dark circles under his eyes, his messy hair grown longer than usual and the grown beard didn't go unnoticed by me. Also, he reeked alcohol. But this wasn't the time to focus on that.

"Who is she Austin?", I asked looking him straight in his eyes. I bet he saw the disappointment in my eyes cause his smile dropped immediately. His expression changed and he looked sad now.

"I... I.. It.", he shuttered shocking me. The Austin Hawk was shuttering. The man who could make people tremble just by his voice was shuttering.

"It's me Adria. Ca.."

"Shit!", she was again stopped by another voice. It was Augustus this time. "I told you to shut up and stay inside bitch. For once could you not listen", he screamed and went ahead to open the door. As soon as the door was open the person sprinted out and hugged me.

"Oh my god! How are you?", I recognised the girl immediately. It was Cara, the maid who used to take care of me when Austin first brought me here. Why was she locked?

"I am fine, Cara. How are you? And why were you locked?", I asked her the question to which she just looked at Augustus and then looked back at me.

"I am fine and as of why I was locked I will tell you later. But first, let me apologise to you. I .. I trusted that fucker Connor and helped him get you. I thought I was helping you get out of here but I didn't know I just threw you in hands of another monster thinking that I saved you from one. I am so sorry Adria", she hugged me and sobbed.

"Hey, it's ok. At least your intentions were not bad. Besides I am fine now", I assured her. I broke our hug and went straight to the person I came to meet here in the first place.

I went direct to Austin and stood in front of him. The next sound heard was a loud slap and two gasps following it.

Yes, I just slapped Austin Hawk.

"I came here to tell you that I was ready to give us a chance. I thought I saw the guilt and love in your eyes but I was mistaken. I thought you finally realised that the ways you used in the past were wrong and now you changed, but I guess I was wrong. I came here to tell you that we can try and work out things between us but now I say that I can never be with a person like you. You still are the same old monster, keeping girls captive and torturing them. She was pleading you to get her out of that room but her cries just didn't fall on your ears. Mr Austin Damon Hawk, you proved that you will never change. You were a monster in the past and that is all you are always going to be", I spat on his face. Austin didn't say anything just listened to me with a hurtful expression. It took everything in me to ignore the look in his eyes. All I could feel was the pain Cara must be going through. After all, I had faced the same things, who else can understand her better than me?

"This woman!", Augustus screamed. "Listen..", he was trying to say something but was stopped by Austin.

"Adria, I...", this time Cara tried to speak but Austin just showed his hand to her making her stop midsentence.

"Jake is already behind the bars so now you and your sister are the sole hires of your grandfather's property. You won't need my help anymore. I will arrange a car and drop you three at your mansion", Austin said looking straight into my eyes. His face held no expressions. The sadness on his face was now gone and now he looked like a stone statue, emotionless.

"But Austin..", Augustus tried to stop him.

"No Augustus. I have said what I want. Please drop Miss Cara at her place. Adria, you may pack your bags, a driver will be waiting for you and your family at the gate", saying that he turned around and went inside his room. Augustus and Cara went somewhere else. I didn't know. I couldn't know.

As I stood there stunned at his sentence. His words kept ringing in my mind.

'I said what I want', so he wants me gone. I thought he will at least make some efforts to convince me, to make me believe in him. I wished he did. 

But instead, he arranged a freaking car for me. He wants me gone. 

Did I ever mean anything to him?