Chapter 40

ANDREA'S POV:

Austin asked us to leave his place. He even arranged a car for us to drop us at our late grandfather's mansion, which is going to be our new home from now on.

I was a bit shocked after Adria walked into our room and told me that we had to leave. At the same time, I felt relieved but after looking at her face broke. I asked her what happened and she told me everything.

I couldn't believe that he had kept another girl captive in his house. But knowing what he did to Adria I can't trust him anymore.

I promised myself that I won't ever talk to him as his face makes my heart weak but now I had to. I have to know if he really has kidnapped someone else and if that person needs help. I have suffered for many years and I won't let that happen to any other girl. I couldn't save myself in the past and had to depend on others but now I want to save others.Adria was sitting on the bed and weeping over her messed-up love life, I wanted to console her 

but helping the other girl was my priority right now.

So I walked out of my room and went straight to Austin's study room.

"Where is that girl?", I asked him barging in his study, not bothering to knock.

"Hii Andrea., please have a seat", he said calmly without even looking at me. Instead, he was engrossed reading a file in his hand.

"I don't have time for this Austin. Just tell me who is that girl and where is she now?", I asked being impatient. He didn't answer me just kept his file aside and called someone on his phone. 

Within a minute the door of his study opened again and a girl entered in along with Augustus. She was blonde and looked around my age but was very pretty.

"Heyyyy!", she came and hugged me. "Adria you are back", she said with a cheerful smile on her face.

"I am not Adria. I am Andrea, her twin. But are you fine dear", I asked her to which she didn't answer but just scratched her head in confusion.

"Move, you crackhead", Augustus butted in. "I'll explain you later", he said to her and looked at me.

"I thought you loved Austin. But you proved me wrong Andrea", he said with a hind of disgust in his tone. "He did everything in his power to save you. Five fucking years he waited for you like an idiot. I saw him dying slowly when he couldn't find you for five years. And what you did huh? You slapped him without even thinking twice. You said that you want nothing to do with the man who was madly in love with you", he spat at my face. His veins popped out of his head due to anger.

"Are you seriously angry over this Augustus? You are asking me why I am furious at the person who kidnapped my sister, whipped her, branded her with his name and almost killed dad Edward", I screamed at him.

"It was a misunderstanding and you know that. He mistook her.........", he tried to reason but stopped when he realised that all he was saying made no sense at all. He was trying to justify Austin's actions but now that he realised that his actions can't be justified he cried out loud in frustration.

"She stabbed him. I saw all the blood... I picked him up when.... Do you realise how fucking hard it was for me to see my hands covered with his blood? To see my brother struggling to breathe. It fucking hurt so much to remember that day", his eyes closed as he said this but then he opened them. He was holding back his tears. I have never seen Augustus so vulnerable. "She stabbed him and left him there to die. You tell me how do I forgive her?"

I could feel his words. My situation was the same as his. Austin is not just a friend to him, they are more like brothers. I can't forgive Austin because he hurt my sister and he can't forgive Adria because she hurt his brother.

"I understand Auggie. I won't force you to forgive Adria and you should understand too that I can't forget what Austin did to her. I have seen the marks on her body and it hurts me too. His actions can't be justified, Augustus. All the confusion he had, mistaking her as me cannot be a reason to treat a woman like that.....", I paused and then looked at Austin. "My sister might forget the pain you gave her but I can never forget her scars. She came here to tell you that she was willing to be with you and try to forget the past, but what did she see huh? Another girl being kidnapped by you!"

"He didn't kidnap me", the girl said stopping me to talk any further. "I am still not able to get this Andrea and Adria confusion but I have to tell you that he didn't kidnap me. I.. I betrayed him by helping Connor but I didn't know that Connor was not a good guy here. I saw her suffering and I had to help her and when Connor approached me for it I took the chance. If only I knew his intentions. Moreover when I was caught this bastard here wanted to take revenge and torture me", she said pointing at Augustus who just stood there folding his hands as if it was a normal talk he was listening to.

"But Sir forgave me. He said my intentions were not bad. So I helped them to track Connor down. Connor kept in touch with me and I pretended to give him information about Austin sir even when I was already caught. I gave him all the false info and we were able to track him", she sighed. "But the police didn't arrest him and he started threatening me.."

"I was keeping her safe. But this bitch is just ungrateful", Augustus butted in.

"But why was she locked?", I voiced my doubts.

"That was this bastard's doing. His methods of helping me are quite weird", she said in an irritating tone.

"Cause you don't listen to me when I am being nice", Augustus shouted.

"As if you ever be nice to me", the girl said and they kept fighting like kids.

What is wrong with these two?