Chapter Two: Diagon Alley

Harry and I were disappointed that our reunion was so short, but we knew that we would see each other again in less than a month. We got dressed for the Alley and were going to travel by Floo powder. Since Harry has never travelled that way, Ron and I were going to go first. Ron took a handful of powder and stood in the fireplace.

          "Diagon Alley!" he said loudly and was gone in the flames.

           I stepped up next, "Diagon Alley!"

          Ron pulled me out of the fireplace and we were in Diagon Alley. Harry didn't arrive with the family and they told me that he didn't say it clearly. Despite that, we had to move on to Flourish and Blotts for our books. It was rather crowded inside and the famous author, Gilderoy Lockhart, was having a signing event there. 

          Mrs. Weasley brought me up to see him with her. Harry finally found us and he was covered in soot. The author noticed us and we were forced to take a picture with him for the Daily Prophet. He was kind enough to give Harry and I his book collection free of charge and I slipped away afterwards. Before I left the shop, someone tugged my hair. 

           "Oh! Draco!" I exclaimed and hugged him.

           "Ivy, aren't you famous," he teased.

          "I couldn't wait to get out of there," I scoffed.

          He laughed and I noticed he tucked away a torn page into his pocket. When he looked up, he noticed the hair clip I put in my hair. It made him happy and I stayed on the staircase with him. He looked behind me and saw my brother coming out of the crowd. Suddenly, Draco was making rude remarks about him. The twins noticed I was about to defend Harry but Ginny stood up for him. I was impressed but I saw Mr. Malfoy coming in and told Draco to not be rude. Mr. Malfoy shook my brother's hand and pulled him in to see his scar. Hermione joined the group with Mr. Weasley. He and Mr. Malfoy exchanged harsh words and it made me feel guilty that this was how they would find out that I was raised by them. Would they think that I'm a traitor? Mr. Malfoy insulted the Weasleys regarding money and I bit my lower lip. He mocked a second-hand book that Ginny had and returned it to her in the cauldron she was holding with another book.

          "I'll see you at work. Ivy? Shall we?" Mr. Malfoy said to Mr. Weasley before turning to me.

          The whole family, Harry, and Hermione were stunned.

          "I'll see you at school," Draco said with venom to my brother.

           "I'm sorry," I whispered and left behind Draco, refusing to look back.

          Mr. Malfoy was pleased to see that I was wearing the watch from him. Draco was not pleased to see that I was taller than him. In Diagon Alley, Mr. Malfoy insisted on purchasing the rest of my school materials with Draco and I was unsuccessful in deterring him. We went to a broom shop and ran into Marcus.

          "Ivy, Draco, good to see you," he said.

          "Marcus, how are you?" I asked.

          "I'm fine. I was surprised to hear from Terence that you were doing some flying over summer," he said.

          "He told you?" I asked, surprised.

          "He did. You must be Mr. Malfoy. I'm Marcus Flint, captain of the Quidditch team. Ivy has told me that Draco would make a fine seeker since the position is now open," he said and shook Mr. Malfoy's hand.

          "Well, I'm sure that they both would make fine additions to the team. I would like to reward your eye for talent and gift the team as well," Mr. Malfoy said.

          Mr. Malfoy bought the entire Slytherin team, Draco, and I new brooms, the Nimbus 2001. Marcus was most honored and humbled.

          "Mr. Malfoy, it would be an honor if you could attend our match," I said.

          "I am inclined to accept your invitation, Ivy," he replied.

          Draco and I smiled and said goodbye to Marcus. He was in an exceptionally good mood. We bought the rest of our materials and headed back to the Malfoy Manor.