Chapter Eleven: Next

As I was walking with the trio, Harry and I froze when he heard a chilling voice.

          "Blood.. I sssmell blood.." it said.

          "What?" I asked.

          "What?" Ron and Hermione asked.

          "Can't you hear it?" Harry asked.

          "Hear what?" Ron asked.

          "Let me rip you.. Let me kill you.." it said again.

          Harry put his ear on the wall. I was looking around.

          "Kill... Kill... Kill..." it was moving.

          "It's going to kill," I whispered.

          Harry and I ran ahead of Ron and Hermione towards the voice.

          "Time to kill..." it was getting faint.

          We ran towards the second floor bathroom. The hallway floor was covered in water from the flooding bathroom. Our feet splashed down the hallway and came across many spiders. There were so many that we could hear them scuttling out of a broken window.

           Ron is terrified of spiders but he noticed something reflecting in the water on the hallway floor. I could hear students approaching us from the Great Hall. Hermoine read a message on the hallway wall.

          "The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir beware. It's written in blood," she said.

          On a torch bracket, Mrs. Norris was petrified and was hanging by her tail. I stayed back while the trio stepped towards her. The rest of the students were coming up from the Great Hall behind me and I felt someone pull my hand. It was Draco and he pulled me behind him in the crowd. Crabbe and Goyle were beside me and Blaise took off my hat.

         "Just hold it in front of you, Ivy," he whispered and handed it to me.

         "Enemies of the heir beware. You'll be next, mudbloods," Draco called out to the trio.

          The trio turned around and were surprised that I was gone. Suddenly, Mr. Filch showed up and was enraged seeing Mrs. Norris in her state. The professors and headmaster stepped in and dismissed all of us, except for the trio. Draco had brought me some treats from the feast and I put my hat back on.

          "Ivy, what happened?" he asked.

          "I'm sorry, Draco. The party was rather foul and I had to go to the bathroom because of the smell. The food was for the ghosts and they can only eat rancid spoiled food. Thank you for bringing me something. Are you upset that I wasn't there tonight?" I said softly.

          He shook his head, "You can make it up to me tonight. We can sleep on the couch together like last year. I'm glad you're ok, Ivy."

          "Thank you, Draco. I would like that. Do you know what the message meant?" I asked.

          Draco looked around and checked to make sure the common room was empty, "You can keep a secret, right, Ivy?"

          "Of course, Draco! You're keeping my secret," I replied.

          "That's my girl. Ok. My father told me that the heir of Salazar Slytherin would return and there would be attacks on mudbloods," he whispered in my ear.

         I blushed and it tickled my ear, completely brushing past the attack portion, "Do you know who the heir is?"

          He shook his head. We rested against the opposite ends of the armrest and put our legs up in the middle. He smiled facing me and I smiled back at him. After wishing each other goodnight, we both fell asleep.