Chapter Twenty One: Personal

The next morning, I wore the Gryffindor sweater from Oliver, despite many gossiping girls in the dorm, and tied my hair up in a ponytail. I didn't wear the watch or hair clip but I wore my black shorts with my sneakers. Draco didn't seem to mind too much but he said he was going to be busy in the library today. I hugged him and went to the Great Hall. There, I saw Cedric was walking in front of me so I jumped on his back. He laughed and held up my legs.

          "Now, where did you get this sweater?" he asked.

          "Oliver. For Christmas," I replied.

          "Is it his?" he asked.

          I blushed, "Maybe."

          "Would you like a Hufflepuff one?" he offered.

          "Y-Yes," I said shyly.

          He laughed, "You're so honest. I like that about you."

          "I can't lie to you, Cedric," I confessed.

          "That makes me happy. I can't lie to you either, Ive," he confessed.

          I got off his back and let him eat with his team. I saw the twins and made my way to them. The team greeted me good morning.

          "Ivy, where'd you get that sweater?" Fred asked.

          "Um," I said and glanced at Oliver.

          He was blushing and made eye contact with me for a second before going to eat the rest of his breakfast. George noticed and pulled my ponytail.

          "Now, now. Aren't you a keeper," he teased.

          "In both contexts? Of course," I teased back.

          The team laughed and I hugged the twins and Harry good luck today. I sat with Ron and we ate our breakfast. Ron insisted that I change houses to Gryffindor but I refused. We were on our way to the Quidditch pitch when I heard the voice again. It had been 4 months and shivers sent up my spine. Ron interrupted the sensation by surprising me when he took my hand.

          "I-I can hold your hand too, right?" he asked.

          "S-Sure," I answered.

         On our way to the stands, Professor McGonagall announced that the game was cancelled. She called for Harry, myself, and Ron. Ron and I stopped holding hands and we ran to the meeting place and met with the professor and Harry. She led us to the Hospital Wing and we were shocked to find Hermione petrified. Hermione and a Ravenclaw prefect, Penelope Clearwater, were found petrified by the library. 

          Harry and I had our names cleared because we never would attack our friends like this. I took it as a personal attack. She was found with a mirror but it meant nothing to us. Now, the school was under investigation and the three of us decided to pay Hagrid a visit tonight after curfew.