Chapter Sixteen: Christmas

During Christmas break, Draco and I spent more time together now that he was staying at Hogwarts with me. Every night, he and I slept on the couch together. On Christmas day, I wore a simple green sweater and a black skirt. I put on my hair clip and watch and gave Draco his gift. I bought it over summer, but it was his own set of Quidditch gear for his seeker position. He thanked me and kissed my forehead. I blushed and he gave me his gift. It was my own scarf and had his initials on it. I told him I loved it and wore it all day since it also smelled like him. We spent the day together and I kept an eye on Crabbe and Goyle. They usually followed us since they had nothing better to do.

          In my dorm, I knew I had other gifts to open but I was going to open them tonight when the trio interrogated Draco under their Polyjuice disguises. In the hallway, I left two chocolate cakes with sleeping pills in it for Ron and Harry to levitate when I left with Draco. Crabbe and Goyle were eating for the whole evening and as I predicted, when Draco and I showed up at the Great Hall, they left. I had to keep Draco in the Great Hall for as long as I could. We ate together and the meal was amazing. He and I shared some cake together and before he was going to leave, I took some mistletoe from the table.

          "Um, Draco?" I asked shyly and hid the mistletoe in my hand.

          "Yes, Ive?" he asked and faced me.

          I held the mistletoe over his head. We both blushed when we looked up and he looked eager to see what I would do. I leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. His cheek was warm and I knew we were both red. I put the mistletoe back on the table and covered my cheeks with my hands. He laughed and took the mistletoe from the table. I looked at him and he moved my hands from my face. With a shy look, he kissed my cheek and put the mistletoe in my hair clip. He took my hand and we were leaving the Great Hall. I saw Crabbe and Goyle, but no Millicent. Still holding my hand, he called to them and we all went to the common room together. Goyle brought out Harry's glasses secretly to me and I knew it was Harry. Crabbe must be Ron. 

          In the common room, Draco and I were still holding hands. Forgetting about my brother and Ron, I kissed Draco's cheek again and told him goodnight. I blushed when I saw Crabbe and Goyle's faces. Oh no. Draco kissed my cheek and hugged me.

          "You'll always be my girl. Goodnight, Ivy, and merry Christmas," he said sweetly.

          "Goodnight, Draco. Merry Christmas. Thank you for the scarf. Goodnight, Crabbe, and goodnight, Goyle," I said embarrassed.

          They were both shocked, "Urm, night."

          I banged my head against the door once I closed it. Stupid. Oh well. I opened my gifts and Mr. Malfoy gave me my own keeper's set of gear and I had my own set of Quidditch balls. Mrs. Malfoy got me an assortment of skirts. Dobby made a caramel green apple for me. From Mrs. Weasley, she made me another sweater and her children all got me my favorite types of sweets. Harry got me a pumpkin pasty and a treacle tart. Hermione got me a book about Quidditch and Cedric got me my own copy of A Midsummer's Night Dream. Oliver got me a Gryffindor Quidditch sweater and Hagrid got me a cat doll that resembled Salem. Terence even got me a gift and it was a Slytherin Quidditch sweater however, it was too big for me and I blushed realizing it was his. Admittedly, I fell asleep with it that night.