Chapter Twenty: Hagrid

The next morning, Harry nearly took my arm off when I got to the Great Hall. The twins were escorting us and announcing that the heirs of Slytherin were here and that we were seriously dangerous. I swept Fred's left foot behind his right as he was walking and then swept George's right foot behind his left as he was walking. They both stumbled but didn't fall and Harry and I laughed at them.

          "Oh yeah, terribly dangerous," I mocked.

          The twins pinched my cheeks and went to breakfast. Harry sat next to me and we sat across from Ron and Hermione. He told us that he saw the memories of Tom Riddle last night through the diary. When I asked to see it, he said he kept it in his trunk for safety. I believed him but Harry said that the person Tom turned in was Hagrid. Hagrid kept a large Acromantula named Aragog and was accused of killing a Muggle-born girl. 

          "There has to be a misunderstanding," I said softly.

          "I agree. I'm going to do research in the library," Hermione said and left.

          "I don't know what to think. Hagrid has plenty of experiences with creatures. We saw him tracking in the forest last year with a crossbow. Not to mention he raised a three headed dog and almost got to raise a dragon," Ron said while eating.

          "I wonder how Norbert is doing," I thought out loud.

          "He's fine. Charlie wrote to me saying how excited he was to have a dragon from such a young stage," Ron said.

          "Will we get to meet Charlie?" I asked, curious.

          "Dunno. He's always been his own person," he replied.

          "Should we talk to Hagrid?" Harry asked.

          "No. If it is a misunderstanding, think about how hurt he'll be," I pointed out.

          "I agree with Ive," Ron said and blushed.

          "Ive?" Harry asked.

          "It's fine. Draco calls me Ive. I suppose you both can, too," I said.

          "I prefer Ivy, if you don't mind," Harry replied.

          Ron looked happy and went back to eating. I laughed and ate breakfast with them. For the next four months, there wasn't another incident. I still visited Colin and Justin in the infirmary and Hermione was still in the library every free period and weekend. One day, Harry and Ron found their dorm torn up and Harry couldn't find the diary. I went to bed and looked forward to Gryffindor's match tomorrow against Hufflepuff.