Chapter 24: Stay a While

"I'm going to sleep." You yanwed, getting ready to lay down on your bed. "You should too for your competition tomorrow." You sat down, ready to turn over but you were interrupted when you felt a jolt near the center of your stomach. "Oh my goddess don't start now." You groaned as the kicking kept up, and Revali helped you off the bed. "What?"

"Just walk with me. It might make the baby calm down." You wrapped your arms around his neck and rested your cheek against his chest, and he began to walk slowly around the room, leaving you to follow his step. The movement slowly came to a stop, but never fully halted.

"All you need to do is turn the music on and we'd be dancing." You chuckled, looking up at him. "Maybe we shouldn't miss the festival this weekend."

"That depends, love." He placed on of his wings on your lower back, and you tightened your grip over his shoulders. "If you really feel up to it then I would be happy to take you." You smiled and slowly dozed off, and within a few minutes your feet were now on his, and he was now just walking around with you comfortably in his wings.

He smiled and walked you over to the bed, but stopped to think. He wanted to put you in your spot, but then he would have to lift you and move the blanket to get you under it, and that would wake you up.

So, he walked over to the hammock and carefully rolled into it, you still being latched onto him, and then pulled the blanket over you both and fell asleep with you.

~~~~

He woke up to the feeling of something pressed against to his stomach, and he smiled, placing his wing on your belly. But then he quickly realized it wasn't his child, rather your knee.

"Ow!" He moved back, seeing you half curled up after basically jabbing him, and you groaned and tried to stretch out, but being unable to. "_____, just let me get out and I'll move you to the bed, and-" he tried to climb out, but you did too, causing the hammock to flip over completely.

He grabbed you and twisted over you, pulling you on top of him as he fell.

"Revali!" You groaned, trying to get up and off of him. He helped you up, and you sat down on the bed, rubbing your back. "I told you to not put me in the hammock."

"I know, but you got all snuggled up with me, and it was just too cute and-" You grabbed his wing and helped him up, and he sat down next to you. "I just wanted it to be like before. I've missed cuddling with you."

"I understand that, Revali, and I promise you, as soon as I'm one single person again, we can cuddle in the hammock again. Until then, I need room to spread out." You explained as he had you sit between his legs, and you leaned back against his chest.

"Why would you wanna be a single woman again? I thought we were married." You grabbed his pillow and hit him with it, and he started laughing. "I'm kidding! I'm kidding!"

"Go get ready for your competition, ace archer." You threw it at him and he caught it before pecking your cheek and throwing it back at you. You fell backwards onto the bed and smiled, dozing back off for a while longer.

~~~~

"Urbosa!" You hopped downstairs, leaving Revali upstairs to finish his cleaning, and you ran across the bridge so you could meet with the Gerudo Chief. "You're earlier than we expected."

"Well, had I had the chance to walk all the way up to your room, I probably would've been on time." She chuckled and hugged you before walking with you back towards the village, telling you all about her recent trip to Lanayru on your way.

"Oh! Urbosa, we weren't expecting you for another..." Revali looked out at the sundial and paused. "Oh, nevermind. I guess the time must've gotten away from me." You took off your coat and set it off to the side, quickly feeling a wing around you. "_____, get off your feet. I told you not to walk all the way down there." He had you sit down on the bed, and you looked to Urbosa.

"This sounds awfully familiar." Urbosa hummed, and Revali looked over his shoulder at her and she leaned against the doorframe. "You can't worry about every little thing she does, Revali, she knows how to look after herself."

"How does this sound 'familiar'?" He asked, walking over to his dresser before opening the top drawer and placing his arrows into it. "I'm just telling her to-"

"Relax, he says." She mocked, and you couldn't help the giggle that left your mouth. "You sound like Rhoam." She said, rolling her eyes.

"How do I sound like Rhoam? I just don't want _____ straining her body right now, it's not good for her." He threw a blanket over you and poofed out your pillow for you.

"That right there is exactly what I mean. _____, remind Revali of how your sister started to get sick of relaxing. Rhoam never left her alone." She told you as she sat down on the couch at the end of your bed. "Now, if you asked the healers here, they'd probably tell you that walking around and moving when she has energy is really good for her."

"Yes but they said she's carrying a bit more on the rito side. I never heard anything about-"

"Actually, I did." You raised your hand, stopping him, remembering one of your first trips to speak with the healers.

~~~~

"Well, looking at the tests, the baby will likely be more on the rito side. So she should start taking care of herself as if she's a rito." The healer told you both, handing you a paper to read.

"So, no flying, no training, no vigorous exercising, no exercising at all, no leaving the village-"

"Revali, while her body may handle this different than a regular rito or hylian, it's still good for her to move around and stay active when she has the energy."

"No straining your body, don't walk and run too much, don't-" You wrapped your hand around his beak to quiet him, and then you used your free hand to take the second paper the healer handed you.

"Thank you, Sandy. I'll make sure to keep up with all of this."

~~~~

"That's the thing with you, you just don't listen." Urbosa said as Revali continued to try and make you as comfortable as possible. "Really, you're going to regret not letting her move around now when later she has no energy to do anything. And then you guys will find out it speeds the last couple months along. And guess who she'll blame for restricting her when she did have the energy, hm?"

"I just want her to rest at the times she can. She's also been complaining about how active the little one has been getting. I like her to rest while she's not being bothered." He said, and Urbosa shurgged and nodded.

"You might as well have been the one to have the baby, you already have to deal with the mood swings." She shrugged, and Revali huffed and scoffed. You giggled a bit, trying not to really.

"Either way, I have to get to Hebra peak with Parro. I'll see you two later!" He threw his bow on his back and then his quiver as well.

"Good luck!" You said, kissing his beak as he left, waving. "Bye honey!"

"Bye love!" He flew off, leaving you to now spend time with Urbosa.

"You two remind me a lot of Amirah and Rhoam, actually. It's pretty funny to watch." She laughed a bit as you got up, stretching your arms out. "Speaking of which, have you told Rhoam?"

"I sent a letter out after the first couple months, and he sent back. We haven't written at all since, though." You told her, pulling on one of your cloaks. "Come on, let's go for a walk by the stable. We need to catch up."

_________________________

I'm bringing Urbosa back! :3