Chapter 9: Univited Guests

"I'm sorry, but did our invitation get lost in the mail?" The tall, familiar unwanted 'guest' stood right in the middle of the aisle, causing everyone in their seats to gasp and start moving away.

"Sooga." You looked him up and down, absolutely furious on the inside at his not so timely arrival. "What are you doing here?"

"I just came to congratulate you and your husband on the wedding. No other means, of course." He tilted his head downward, holding his hands together. You huffed and reached into a sort of pocket in your dress - allowing you to access your sword and to pull it from it's scabbard.

"Y-You had a sword on you?" Revali stanmered, and you looked at his, holding the hilt of your blade tightly with it aimed towards the enemy.

"A good warrior is always prepared!" You told him this before running towards Sooga, who didn't move an inch until you got just close enough, and then he poofed into thin air. Revali pulled his bow from his back and began shooting arrows towards every spot he saw Sooga in.

"Congrats, _____!" Kohga ran in, throwing flower petals everywhere. "I totally could have been the flower boy had you invited us sooner." He laughed a bit and you were about to go in for him, but Urbosa beat you to it.

"Come on, now, _____. You're always so much more focused on Kohga. He has a bodyguard for a reason, you know." You made another attempt to strike him, but this time he didn't poof - he blocked with his own swords.

"Ah, finally fighting me like a man instead disappearing like a coward. I've been waiting for the day, Sooga." You snickered, and he grunted and started attacking you on his own terms. "You fight surprisingly decent for someone's first time actually fighting a girl." He threw an attack straight across towards you, but you made a half flip backwards, enough to dodge the attack.

You thursted your sword towards him, likely enough to get a good sized scar along his torso. While he was busy wincing from the pain, you whirled around and got him good in the back.

"Revali!" You called pointing towards Kohga, who was trying to fend off Urbosa by then. He locked his eyes onto his target, pulling the string of his bow back with the arrow as far back as it would go, before releasing just before Urbosa got in between.

Kohga cried out as the arrow pierced his neck, and Urbosa got around to half stabbing his chest, but Sooga rushed in, pushed him out of the way and took the other half of the blow himself.

"You behave so cowardly when fighting one of us one on one, yet with Kohga you stop caring." Urbosa said, holding her sword to Sooga's chin.

"That's how it is when you live for someone." He groaned, trying to move his head away, but the pointed curve on Urbosa's sword made it hard. "It makes us wonder why no one showed up when Astor was holding your Amirah hostage for a whole day. He gave you people time." He managed, and Urbosa pulled her sword away fast, cutting Sooga's chin.

"It's been years, Sooga." You sighed, walking closer to his weak body - somehow he still held himself up. "This is about us. Amirah won her battle already."

"But so did Astor." He breathed, clearly struggling to get the words out now. "Nobody won. Nobody lost. Not yet, anyways."

"Amirah won, because she stopped the one who was going to reincarnate Ganon. Astor never completed his goal."

"But the reincarnation is already on it's way. It was going to happen regardless of whether or not he was alive." Sooga winced again, and you Urbosa looked at each other before she got ready to strike again. He poofed over to the other side of the area, and you all remained in silence with each other.

"You best come a bit more prepared than just this, Sooga. And Kohga, if you're the mastermind here, then why haven't you come up with a better plan? Oh yeah, probably because you're napping all day." You spat, and the men didn't say anything. Not even when you heard chants outside.

"Avenge our Astor! Kill Princess _____!" You saw the many yiga soldiers beginning to raid the village in search of you, and you just stood and stared at them, partly in disbelief.

"We should get you guys all out of here!" Revali landed next to you, looking back at all of the hylians who attended. "_____, go somewhere safe." He put his wing on your shoulder, and you sighed and pushed it off.

"No." You began walking from the wooden balcony railing, sheathing your sword and holding your left hand out - watching as colors appeared and swarmed your arm. "This is my home too, Revali. I'm not going to let you all fight my battles anymore."

Revali gave you a small smile, but the sweet moment was quickly interrupted when the yiga's spotted you. Revali and most of the other rito warriors leaped back into the air, and you, Urbosa, Mipha and Daruk all got ready for melee. Even Janelle pulled out her own twin swords.

"Gee, I didn't know women carried swords in their dresses." Daruk scratched his head, heaving his boulder breaker over his shoulder. "You're always so prepared all the time."

"Says the one who had a big, heavy stone weapon on his back at a small wedding." You chuckled, getting your stance ready as your grip on your sword tightened.

"Always gotta be prepared!" Daruk smiled, and you along with the others laughed and braced yourself for the large wave of footsoldiers coming towards you...

__________________________

Weddings are more fun when they gotta little drama, yeah? •W•