Shock

Marinette lied down on her bed, exhausted. “That was probably one of the most eventful and difficult akumatizations in history, Marinette. I’m proud of you,” squeaked Tikki.

“Thanks, Tikki.” She rolled over to the other side of her bed with all the pictures splayed out on a board. There were still some pictures of Adrien, but not nearly as many as she had been trying her hardest not to be so obsessive. Her eyes landed on a picture of Luka. “Luka helped out too.” She said simply.

She was a little bit concerned about him. With the Snake miraculous, it was easy to go a few minutes back in time, see her and/or Chat Noir get hit with Wishmaker’s beam, and see their childhood dreams, which would more than likely be displayed in their civilian forms. She wondered whether Luka had found out one of or even both of their identities.

I'm kidding myself. Luka would never lie. That was the reason he got akumatized, because I had to lie to him. He can't have found out our identities.

With that thought, she pushed the idea out of her mind. It was impossible for him to lie to her like that.

"Goodnight Tikki," she said before Tikki nuzzled up to her cheek and lay down next to her on her pillow.

Marinette fell into a soft, dreamless sleep.

Little did she know that her original assumption about Luka knowing her and Chat Noir's identities was true. But Luka was anything but happy about it.

                         ------

Luka strummed his guitar softly, deep in thought. It had been a chaotic day for him, not even counting the fact that he found out who the two of the biggest superheroes superheroes in Paris, and perhaps even the world, really were. And it had been his two friends all along.

Adrien and Marinette. They really were made for each other. He had always supported Marinette having a crush on Adrien, but after finding out that he was Chat Noir and that she was Ladybug, it hit different. He was happy for them, but it still hurt to see her with Adrien.

He now understood why Adrien had (albeit unintentionally) broken Marinette's heart so many times. Everyone knew Chat Noir flirted with Ladybug. She must be who he liked.

He shook his head at the mess they had themselves in. He didn't even want to try decoding it.

All he knew was that both of them were superheroes, and that they had to get together, no matter how much it hurt him.

All he wanted was to see both of them happy. And that had to happen, even if it took them to be happy together.

                          --------

The next day was school, and everyone was buzzing about the previous akumatization as Ms. Bustier had still not arrived yet. Marinette was late as usual, and Adrien sat on his desk with his chin in his hands.

Marinette burst in through the door, unexpectedly. This was such a regular occurrence that no-one even flinched anymore. Adrien offered her a smile, feeling better than the day before. She smiled back adoringly. She didn't bother to say anything as she didn't want to risk being a stuttering mess again.

Alya waved at her as she sat down on her seat. "Congratulations, girl." she whispered in Marinette's ear. She gave Alya a questioning look. "You successfully managed to walk past Adrien without dying. That's an achievement." Marinette rolled her eyes and smiled.

"I didn't say anything."

"It's still progress, considering how nervous you used to get."

"I guess so," Marinette smiled wider.