Masquerade

"All right, class, settle down," Ms. Bustier called out. It was the day after the four had gone to the movies, and there was still a minute amount of awkward tension between Adrien and Marinette.

The buzz in the class died down to let the teacher speak. "Soon, we will be having our very first school masquerade!" she announced.

Excited squeals filled the classroom as everyone discussed what they were going to wear, who they were going with and when the masquerade would take place. "Okay, let me finish," Ms. Bustier spoke. Everyone turned dead silent. She shook her head. If only they could behave like this on a regular school day.

"It will take place after two weeks, and-"

"That's ridiculous! No, it's utterly ridiculous!" The unmistakable voice of Chloe Bourgeois sounded throughout the room. "I can't decide on one of my thousands of beautiful dresses in just two weeks! My daddy will have something to say about this!" she said, picking up her phone.

"Now, now, Chloe, you can't do that. Because then, you'll miss out on some of the Chloe Bourgeois macarons we have for you!" Ms. Bustier lied.

"Now that I think of it, never mind! After all, I can't stop people from eating any gorgeous macarons, themed after me!" Chloe gushed.

Marinette rolled her eyes. She knew all too well that there wouldn't be any macarons themed after Chloe. But, if the lie got Chloe to stop complaining, it was a fair deal.

"Now," the teacher continued, "The theme has already been decided by the principal. The theme is 'Superheroes' and you can pick whichever one in Paris you want. You can also make your own. Get creative, class!"

The room was filled with discussions yet again. "I'm gonna be King Monkey!" Kim declared, puffing out his chest.

"Who even is that? I'll be Bunnyx!" Alix said proudly. Everyone gave her a confused look. She scoffed. "What? She's not gotten a miraculous yet."

Rose bounced on her seat with enthusiasm. "Ooh, I'll be Pigella!"

Juleka mumbled almost unintelligibly. "I guess I'll be Purple Tigress..."

"Polymouse!"

"Vesperia!"

"Mighty-Illustrator!" Everyone turned to Nathaniel. "Huh?" Ivan asked, confused.

Nathaniel shrugged. "He's imaginary."

Marinette got to know just how many of her friends had gotten a miraculous. She didn't know whether it would be too risky to dress up as Ladybug or not. She looked at her friends for ideas.

"Who are you guys gonna dress up as?"

Nino crossed his arms, looking triumphant. "Obviously Carapace, dudette!"

Alya rolled her eyes with a smile. "I think I'll be Rena Rouge." She was mindful to not let her new name, Rena Furtive, slip out. Nobody was supposed to know that yet.

Like Marinette, Adrien was deciding whether it would be safe to go as Chat Noir to the upcoming masquerade. He finally decided to do it. After all, Alya and Nino were dressing up as their superhero forms. If they could, than he should be allowed as well.

"What about you, Adrien and Marinette? Who are you going to be inspired by?"

"Ladybug," Marinette said, picking at her nails.

"Chat Noir," Adrien spoke at the same time.

They gaped at each other while Alya did a double take. Nino blinked.