Enthusiasm

The days passed by, and soon, only two days were left for the masquerade to happen. Everyone had planned out their clothes and what they were going to wear, and all of them were filled with enthusiasm for the upcoming event.

Marinette was especially excited. She couldn't wait to show off her dress to her friends.

Adrien was still bummed from the incident with Ladybug the day before, but relatively eager for the events to come.

The school staff had emailed all the details to the class' parents and had decided for the venue to be a nearby banquet. They were going extravagant for the occasion in order to impress the big names in the region. Namely, Mayor Bourgeois and Chloe.

In fact, even Ms. Bustier was excited. She herself had planned out a dress, but instead of it being based on a superhero, she based it on her villain ensemble, Zombizou, so that she could be easy to differentiate from her students.

However, Lila had a baleful plan in mind. And it was not going to gratify Marinette.

She had found it supremely easy to manipulate Gabriel, and she was going to get exactly what she wanted. And she had the perfect plan in mind.

She smirked to herself as she watched Marinette babbling incoherently to Adrien. Watch your back, Marinette. You're going to get what you deserve. And there are only two days left until I get my ultimate revenge.

--

Alya twirled a strand of her curly hair around her finger. "I'm going to get my hair straightened. I mean, it's not as if Rena Rouge won't approve!"

Marinette snorted. "Yeah Alya, it's not as if you'd disapprove of yourself," she whispered in Alya's ear so that the others couldn't hear. They snickered together.

Nino turned back in his seat. "I just have my mask left. But where should I buy it from?"

Marinette smiled at Nino. "I could make one for you! I've seen Carapace enough times."

"Yeah," Alya agreed. "She made my mask for me just today, actually. Girl's got lightning speed."

Nino grinned at Marinette. "Thanks dudette!"

Adrien turned in his seat sheepishly. "Actually, uh, Marinette, could you make one for me too? Actually, never mind, you've already done so much for me and I really don't want to bother you-"

"No! I mean, uh, no Adrien, it's no problem, really! I can make a mask for you too!" Marinette spurted incoherently.

Adrien smiled in relief. "Thanks, Marinette!"

--

As soon as Marinette got home, she began working on Nino's mask. It only took her forty five minutes to do so.

She started with Adrien's mask, adding intricate details and embroidery as the time passed by.

"Truly a magnificent creation," Sass remarked.

"Thanks, Sass." Marinette took out some paw-shaped beads she had gotten from a nearby store. She had decided to buy it that day because it was reminiscent of Chat Noir, and that made her happy. I knew I'd need it someday.

Roarr was confused. "Where did you get those?"

"A store."

"No, I mean why do you have-"

"Stop disturbing her, Roarr!" Mullo sneered from behind him.

Roarr scowled. "You're the one disturbing her!"

"No, I'm not!"

"Yes, you are!"

"No!"

"Yes!"