Hope

Ladybug and Chat Noir were both akumatized into Princess Justice and Chat Blanc, respectively. Now that the superheroes Paris relied on were the victims, what was going to save the city, or perhaps even the world, from irredeemable ruin?

Well, there was still some hope.

As Princess Justice fled from her place near her house and jumped upon rooftops, frantically searching for her partner, Alya heard a thump on her ceiling. All of her Ladybug and Chat Noir action figures shook from the impact.

"Hey, what's that?" she asked, confused. She ran up to her balcony and spotted Princess Justice.

She was going from place to place, looking panicked. "Chat Noir! Where are you? I'm sorry!"

Alya squinted, not wanting to believe her eyes as she adjusted her glasses. She couldn't see who the akuma victim was as she was rather far away.

She brought out her phone and called Marinette, but her phone went to voicemail.

"Marinette! There's an akuma victim! I've never seen this one before... but she's looking for Chat Noir."

Alya kept her phone back in her pocket as Trixx flew up from her waist-bag, which was open. "What is it?"

"I've never seen this person akumatized before. Let's go check."

"But didn't Ladybug tell you to stay hidden? Shadowmoth thinks you aren't Rena Rouge anymore," Trixx said.

Alya thought for a moment. "Yeah, I know. But then again, I'm not Rena Rouge anymore. I'm Rena Furtive. I can just stay under wraps. Trixx, let's pounce!"

Rena Furtive leaped from her balcony and landed behind a wall, making sure not to be seen. She peeked around the corner, inspecting the akuma victim.

"Chat Noir! I'm sorry! Please, come back!" the person shouted. She then turned, tears in her eyes.

Alya's eyes widened as she ducked back behind the wall. That's... Marinette!

Alya was frozen in shock, not knowing what to do. Her best friend was akumatized. Worse, it was going to be a hard time capturing the akuma because she was Ladybug as well.

But there was still some hope.

Rena Furtive brought out her flute and dialed Chat Noir. His stick phone, too, went straight to voicemail. "Chat Noir! Ladybug is akumatized! You've got to help!"

Rena tucked her flute away and waited there anxiously for a few minutes for Chat Noir.

She stood there for ten minutes straight until she got fed up and went looking for him at the Eiffel Tower. She suddenly saw a white flash from a corner. She jumped to the spot and saw a white figure with cat ears, pale skin, and icy blue eyes. He had a smirk on his face.

"Ladybug? Oh, where are you, my dear lady? I have a surprise for you!"

Rena Furtive felt the eerie voice was familiar, but she couldn't quite point out who it was. Her mind won't work properly at the moment as it was filled with anxiety for her best friend.

The figure turned and it elicited a gasp from Rena Furtive. It was indeed Chat Blanc. He looked around, suspicious. "Who is that?"

She ducked away from his sight. That's... that's Chat Noir! But... he's white!

He must be akumatized too! Wait, that could only mean...this is Scarlet Moth's job!

She was only more worried. She decided to do the only thing she could do at the moment.

She sneaked around the floor of the Eiffel Tower, trying to hide from Chat Blanc. She leaped up around the corner and rushed to Marinette's house.

When she arrived there, she entered from the balcony. Punching in the passcode for the pink box the Miracle Box was hidden in, she opened it. All the kwamis flew out from it, in a panic.

"What happened, Rena Furtive? Where's Marinette?" Ziggy asked, worried.

"Yeah, where is she? I kinda want a banana," Xuppu said, rubbing his belly.

"She's akumatized," Rena Furtive blurted out. She hadn't meant to just blurt it out like that, but she was extremely worried.

"WHAT?!" The kwamis exclaimed. They started zipping about in panic.

"Oh no, oh no, oh no! The Guardian of the Miraculous is akumatized! And not only is she the guardian, but she's also Ladybug!"

"This is horrible!"

"What do we do?"

"No!!"

"Calm down, everyone!" Rena Furtive said, getting more perturbed by the second.

Sass went up to her. Even he looked worried. "Rena Furtive, could you call Chat Noir? Does he know about this?"

Rena hung her head down. "I don't know if he knows, but... he's akumatized too."

"WHAT?!!!!" The kwamis were now in full panic mode, not knowing what to do.

"This is disastrous!"

"A calamity!"

"What do we even do now?!"

Rena waited for all the kwamis to finish panicking. She understood why they were so disturbed.

When the kwamis settled down (they were still pretty on edge), Rena Furtive told them her plan.

"All we can do now is hope for the best. You have to tell me all your owners. I'll call them here and we'll try to de-evilise Ladybug and Chat Noir." she instructed.

"Are you sure? Doesn't Shadowmoth think you're not a holder anymore?" Wayzz asked worriedly.

"Yes, he thinks that. Which is why I'll be spying on all of them and if all else goes wrong I'll have to intervene. There isn't much hope left!" She said in a severe tone.

The kwamis discussed this amongst themselves. Rena Furtive was right. There wasn't much left to do at all. The only solution was to call all the other miraculous holders and try to de-akumatize Ladybug and Chat Noir.

They all took turns in telling Rena all the miraculous holders' identities. She then dialed all of them on her flute.

They all picked up. "Who is this?" Luka asked, confused.

"It's me. Rena Rouge. But I'm in another form. There isn't much time to explain, but both Ladybug and Chat Noir are akumatized."

"WHAT?!!" They all exclaimed, panicked and with wide eyes.

"Now, all of you have to meet me near the Notre Dame and I will give you your miraculouses."

"Wait, Al- I mean, Rena Rouge, how do you know everyone's identities?" Nino asked, confused. He knew that Alya knew his identity, but he was confused as to how she knew everyone else's identities.

"It was a necessity. There wasn't anything else to do. I'll repeat, all of you, meet me at the Notre Dame. We have to try our best!"

They all nodded, agitated. Rena disconnected the call and put all the kwamis in their respective boxes. She then hurried off to the Notre Dame, where she met all the holders.

She handed the boxes to each of them. After they all transformed, she beckoned them to follow her. "You all have to do this on your own. I can't battle due to... reasons, but I'll intervene if anything goes wrong."

"Okay. We'll try our best, Rena Rouge," Carapace smiled at her sweetly. She smiled back.

It was going to be a very new and difficult experience for all of them.