Extinction (?)

"Adjuvant. I am giving you the power to amplify my powers and enable me to be able to akumatize both Ladybug and Chat Noir at once!" Shadowmoth said, excited at the prospect to finally get what he desired.

He had thought of the last time he had akumatized Nathalie into Catalyst, and had used that idea on Lila.

Lila glanced up, examining her akumatized form. Smirking, she said "Yes, Shadowmoth!". She touched Shadowmoth's staff with her stick and he turned into the infamous Scarlet Moth. "Yes!" he shouted with glee.

"Now I can finally get their miraculouses!"

----

"This is all my fault." Ladybug mumbled to herself as she cried into her knees. I should have valued Chat Noir so much more.

I lost Adrien and Chat Noir in the same day. And Adrien...

It suddenly occurred to her that with the amount of sentimonsters and illusions Shadowmoth had been sending, it was very possible that the Adrien she saw wasn't the real Adrien.

That thought made her feel even worse.

I doubted both Adrien and Chat Noir. I'm the worst Ladybug and Guardian ever!

If Tikki was present, she would have surely comforted Marinette in her misery. But Marinette had forgotten to de-transform in all the chaos and the desolate state she was in.

Chat Noir, please come back...

In all of her thoughts, she didn't notice a red butterfly fly next to her and into her earrings. She looked up from her knees, now with a glowing mask on her face.

"Yes! Finally!" Shadowmoth shouted. "Princess Justice. I am giving you the power to bring your partner justice and have him be valued more! But don't forget to bring me his and your miraculous!" Shadowmoth cackled.

Ladybug, in horror, tried to resist the akuma. "No! I can't get akumatized... I just can't..."

"She's busy with something tonight. So, you get to be my Ladybug!"

"I will always be here. To save Marinette!"

"Don't listen to her, Bugaboo's just a spot jealous!"

"My heart is just like that yoyo-wrapped baby's wrist. Taken prisoner by M'lady forever!"

"I love you just the way you are, M'lady."

Ladybug couldn't comprehend how much she missed her partner. She missed all of him, even the puns and flirtatious behavior she had deemed as a nuisance. She needed him to function.

She couldn't be Ladybug without Chat Noir.

"Don't you want your partner back? With these powers, you can get him justice! He'll feel valued! He will come back to you! Or, would you rather be alone?" Shadowmoth insisted.

Looking down at the ground, more tears spilled from her eyes.

"It's you and me against the world, M'lady!"

But it wasn't. It wasn't them against the world anymore. But she would do anything and everything in the world to have that back.

"Don't you want your partner back? With these powers, you can get him justice! He'll feel valued! He will come back to you! Or would you rather be alone?"

Ladybug took a sharp intake of breath as she decided to make a spontaneous decision.

"I'm sorry, people of Paris..."

Giving into the scarlet akuma, red bubbles surrounded her. It seemed like it took forever for Ladybug to emerge as she transformed, marking it the first ever time she was akumatized. The experience was surreal for her. But it wasn't a good one.

With purple boots, longer pigtails and a blue cape, Princess Justice stepped out into the open as a fresh breeze passed by.

She didn't know where to go, what to do, or how to do it.

But she had the willpower.

So there she went, set ought to find Chat Noir and bring him back.

----

Chat Noir was still in a state of shock when he landed on one of the floors in Eiffel Tower. He hadn't had any idea where to go, hence the reason for his mediocre hiding place.

She thought I never trusted her, was the only thought that spun around his head. He collapsed on the ground with agitation.

He had made countless sacrifices for Ladybug, had rescued her several times, helped her in every way, supported her unconditionally, and comforted he whenever she was down, all because he had trusted her. Yet, Ladybug doubted he had any trust.

Tears misted his eyes almost immediately, but he wiped them away. He didn't want to admit that he was sad. He wanted to be angry at Ladybug because he had every right to, but a part of him couldn't help but feel undeniably sad because she had never trusted him in the first place.

"Chat Noir, you know you're irreplaceable."

"You're more than just my partner, Chat Noir. You're my friend. And I'd never want to lie to a friend."

"What if Chat Noir doesn't turn up?" "Oh, he will. I trust him."

"I-I can't be Ladybug without him..."

"Thank you, Chat Noir. You're always there for me."

He gave in as he broke down on the ground, crying. He didn't pay attention to the fact that a slow approaching scarlet butterfly was on the way.

When it reached him, it went into his ring. He looked up from the ground as a neon mask outlined his face.

"Chat Blanc. I am giving you the power of infinite destruction so you can destroy the world!" Shadowmoth said darkly.

"W-why infinite destruction?" Chat Noir asked hesitantly.

"So that you can destroy Ladybug and all the memories you have with her!"

Chat Noir, in panic, put his hands to his head, trying to stop the akuma from affecting him. "No! I will not destroy Ladybug!"

"Really?" Shadowmoth laughed. "But did she not make you angry? Enraged, like you could destroy the world?" he offered.

Chat Noir stayed silent, but he was trembling.

"She did not trust you, did she? She even doubted your trust! With the powers that I'll give you, you can destroy her, and the memories you have with her! Just make sure to bring me your and her miraculouses!"

Chat Noir's fists clenched, as he remembered the way Ladybug would treat him. Rage flooded through him as he gave in to the akuma involuntarily.

"Yes!" Shadowmoth screamed. "I will finally have their miraculouses!"

As the scarlet bubbles faded away, out came a new Chat Noir.

Except, he wasn't really Chat Noir. He was Chat Blanc.

And he was off to destroy all the memories he had with who he once thought of as his best friend.

Now that both Ladybug and Chat Noir were akumatized, what could Paris do to avoid its mass extinction?