Conflict

Shadowmoth opened his eyes to the figure in front of him. He inspected the details of the figure and the texture of its suit. He nodded. "Good enough. Go find Ladybug and trick her. Create as much conflict as you can!"

The figure bowed in humility. "Yes, Shadowmoth." he exited the sewers and went on his mission.

Shadowmoth de-transformed and made his way home, clutching the amokatized pen while making sure to not be seen by the public eye.

Nooroo looked at him. “Master, are you sure about this? It doesn’t seem- “

“Quiet, Nooroo! You’re not the one supposed to be telling me what to do!”

Nooroo looked down dejectedly. “Yes, master.”

He dialed Lila on his phone. She picked up. “Yes, Mr. Agreste? Any plan?”

“I have a foolproof plan. But you’ll have to play a part in it.”

“And that is?”

“Reach the mansion as soon as you can, Miss Rossi. Then you’ll find out.”

Lila smiled villainously. “That’s what I’m talking about.”

She cut the call and made her way towards the Agreste mansion. She was more than happy to make the two superheroes’ lives unbearable.

---

Marinette was peacefully sketching in her room when she heard a loud bang outside. She scrambled up the trapdoor and leaned over the balcony’s railing, looking upwards. She suddenly saw Shadowmoth, on a rooftop, cackling. “SHADOWMOTH?! Seriously?!” she exclaimed.

“First random akumas, and now he’s here himself!” she groaned.

She went back inside her room and shouted “Tikki, spots on!”

She leaped out of her balcony and did an action pose, facing Shadowmoth. “What are you doing here?” she asked, irritated.

Shadowmoth held his head high and smirked. “To take your miraculous, Ladybug!” He swiped in the air and tried to touch her, but she dodged out of the way. “Not happening!”

She saw Chat Noir enter the scene and jump up, right behind Shadowmoth. “Chat Noir! Take his miraculous!”

But Chat Noir didn’t move. He just whistled, staring at her. Ladybug was getting more frustrated by the moment. “Chat Noir! Why aren’t you moving!”

Shadowmoth laughed. “What a useless partner you have! Why don’t you just- “he tried to grab her miraculous again, but she kicked him in the stomach. To her horror, he dissolved away in thin air.

“Wha- what? He was an illusion?!” she said, blinking.

She spotted Volpina jumping away from the scene. She huffed.

Chat Noir shrugged. “He didn’t take your miraculous. It doesn’t matter.”

Ladybug whipped up and glared at him. “Excuse me? That isn’t the-“

“It’s your fault for not figuring out he was an illusion in the first place. He was harmless. You’re just a bad superheroine. You don’t even deserve the Ladybug miraculous!” he shouted, rolling his eyes at her. “You’re pathetic!”

She gaped at him, speechless. She was about to tell him off right then and there until she spotted her parents congregating outside the bakery’s door, seeming worried. “Marinette? Are you there?”

She gritted her teeth and looked at Chat Noir once more before leaping down towards the bakery. Sabine and Tom turned to her worriedly. “Ladybug, have you seen our daughter Marinette?” Tom asked.