The most beautiful moment in life

Palak was extremely worried. 

Veer had told her in the morning that he had to go somewhere with his senior for a particular work. Palak had asked him a lot of questions about where they would be going and what they would be doing, but Veer hadn't told her anything about it. He had just said that it was regarding some important stuff that was needed to done and was entirely based on medical field. Palak had figured out that the things were probably based on some boring medical stuff, so she hadn't taken any further interest in it.

Veer had left at around ten in the morning and had told her that he would return around seven and she would find him at home waiting for her, after she came back from work. But, she hadn't found him waiting for her, when she had come back home. A bit disappointed, she had waited for him. Time passed and slowly, it was eight, then nine. At nine...she had started to feel worried, but at the same time was a there was a possibility that whatever they were doing...took some time.

But what kind of work were they doing that took them so much time?

She couldn't sit still and continued calling  Veer...but he was not picking up. She even texted him, but...there was no reply from him. This had sky rocketed her worry.

Now it was almost ten, but still there was neither a reply from him, nor there was a call. She had almost called Veer more than twenty times. It came either switched off or busy.  She didn't know what to do. She didn't even know the name of the friend he was visiting. She felt foolish. She should have asked him at least that. 

What if something had.....something had happened to him?

No....Palak needed to think positive.

The only friend of Veer that she had known was Krish and Riya. She decided to call Krish and ask him...if Veer was there with him, or if he had any idea whom Veer had visited in the morning. Maybe, if he knew that...they both could go looking for him. Heck...she had even considered knocking on Riya's flat to ask if she had any idea about the whereabouts of Veer.

Palak cursed herself internally...She was the one who should take care of him, know everything. How could she have been like this?

If still....they couldn't find him, the ultimate hope was...police.

No....things would not go that far.

The moment she had given up all hope of Veer ever replying or calling her back, and was about to call Krish for help, she got a call from Krish himself. This didn't tone down her worry at all.

Probably...Krish had also called him for something and was unable to reach him...that is why he was calling her.

Trying a vain attempt to calm down her thundering heart, she answered his call.

"Hello Palak?"

"Yes...Krish, Thank god you called!  Actually I was about to call you myself...Veer isn't home yet. He had told me that he had some work with his senior and would be back home by seven...but Its almost ten now and he isn't home yet! I have called him several times...he is not picking up his phone. He is not texting me back too. I don't know what to do! I don't even know who he was meeting today! Ahh! I should have at least asked him that! Krish....by chance do you have any idea...where he is? is he with you? Or do you know who he was meeting today? Do you have his or her number?-"

"Palak! calm down! You said all of that in one breath!"

"How can I calm down in a situation like this?" 

"Listen! Take a deep breath...I don't know where Veer is...I was calling him for something but, he was not picking up his phone, so I thought I should call you..."