41. good morning*

saturday,
november 20th, 2020

EZRA GREYSTONE

The morning welcomes me by a harsh glare of sunlight streaming directly on to my face.

I groan, not a fan of Luke's bedroom window and the way the sun rises straight through it.

My negativity is quickly replaced with sheer joy as I register the feeling of Luke's heart beating right against my cheek. I can't fight the smile that turns my lips upwards, tiredly beginning to draw circles on his bare chest. Or love hearts maybe.

I'm laying up against him, my head on his chest and one of his arms draped around me, hand flat on my back. His other arm is carelessly strewn beside his head on the pillow and his lips are parted due to the soft, steady breaths slipping through them. His hair is crazy, completely fucked on his head and curls are intertwining with each other.

If I didn't know any better I'd say that he has sex hair.

Despite merely kissing last night, I somehow managed to run my fingers through those blonde locks of his an unimaginable amount of times. Clearly, they've become even more unruly during the night.

Our legs are tangled together and I'm glad that he's worn pyjama bottoms to bed because the soft cotton is warm against my naked thighs. Luke was kind enough to lend me a long sleeve for the night, one that conveniently smells exactly like him.

Luke Hemmings looks unfairly beautiful while sleeping.

I almost pout jealously — how does one look so effortlessly attractive?

The stubble on his jaw and chin is becoming longer, and I don't resist the urge to delicately comb my fingernails through the fuzz. He stirs in his sleep, lips shutting as he wrinkles his nose before he resumes his light snoring again. I giggle lowly, not wanting to wake him but encapsulated by the way he looks.

It's crazy how comfortable I've become around him. I am, of course, still a blushing mess whenever he says something cheeky or compliments me, I don't think that'll ever change. Otherwise, I feel so safe in his presence and so content around him. I wonder if I could tell him absolutely anything and if he'd still stay. I'm starting to think he would.

I've only known him a little less than three months, which realistically isn't long at all, but I've grown quite fond of him and I'm no longer ashamed to admit that. I also like to think that maybe he feels the same.

"Ezra," he breathes out, startling me in the slightest as his arm tightens around me. The one that's been resting by his head also drops to my waist, cuddling me close.

"Yes, Luke?" I whisper, not wanting to ruin the serenity of this moment. My hand continues drawing on his sternum, loving the feeling of his heartbeat under my fingers.

He blinks his eyes open, lashes fluttering adorably as he adjusts to the sunlight, "It's dangerous how much I love having you in my arms when I wake up."

A warm sense of giddiness casts over me, prompting a smile to adorn my sleepy face. He reciprocates, turning on his side to face me. He brings a hand to my cheek, gracing his knuckles across my warm flesh.

I only chuckle, watching as he bites his lip. He grabs my thigh, throwing my leg around his hip and inevitably scooting me closer. With one of his hands tracing shapes on my lower back, his other finds my bum; clad in nothing but a pair of underwear. I gasp, taken aback by his touch but all he does is smirk, letting his fingers squeeze my skin. The feeling sends a shiver up my spine and I curl into his body, humming at the way his hand cups my ass cheek so comfortably.