46. be your girl*

wednesday,
december 8th, 2020

LUKE HEMMINGS

"You... what?" Ezra whispers, disbelief of some sort lacing through her tone as she spins around to face me swiftly.

I swallow, willing myself to keep holding her waist otherwise I might crumble right in front of her. I look down at her, feeling exactly how my heart bursts with affection for her and how my nerves grow because she's looking at me like I'm everything right now and to damage that would kill me.

"I want you to be mine, Ezra," I breathe, her doe eyes gleaming up at me.

I can't believe my own words, but I know with every fibre of my being that I need her to be mine. My girlfriend. The thought of her with anybody else drives me fucking insane, the sheer concept lighting a fire all across my skin because she doesn't belong with anyone else. I'm falling in love with her, and she's mine so I'm unbelievably and completely hers.

All of a sudden, just when I feel like I'm losing all ability to breathe because she hasn't even spoken yet, she cracks a smile.

"What about... what about everything?" she mumbles, worry crinkling her features but her hands on my chest say otherwise.

I frown, almost amused, "What about everything? Don't worry about anything, anyone else, Ezra. Just look at me and tell me you wanna be my girl because I can't stand the thought of us not being together." My throat tightens with emotions I can't bare to spill and her honey brown eyes are glittering, causing my heart to leap.

And she grins, eyes falling to my chain that she starts fiddling with, "You're my professor..." she trails off in a hushed voice and I know she's trying to find any possible reason as to why we shouldn't do this but her excuses are futile.

"I don't care," I press, squeezing her waist in my hands and ensuring there's no air space between our bodies. Looking down at her with such hope in my eyes makes me feel somewhat pathetic and utterly vulnerable but I need her to be mine. "Ezra... be my girlfriend. Everything else... everyone else, we can figure it out. I know we will, okay? I just— fuck, picturing my days without you has become so fucking difficult lately and I just want—"

"I want to," Ez cuts me off and I quickly refocus my eyes on her after they began darting everywhere else as I rambled.

A smile edges at my lips, "You want to what?" I whisper, dying for her to say the words and I'm pressing her right up against me with a hand on her back now.

Ezra giggles, fingers looped through my silver chain and her eyes find my own, "I want to be your girl, Luke Hemmings."

I tip my head back with a bit lip and a wide grin, my eyes fluttering closed in ecstasy because hearing those words fall from the lips of Ezra Greystone has my head spinning.

"Thank fuck," I mutter out, regaining my composure only enough to duck down and kiss her.

And by fuck do I kiss her. I kiss her with every ounce of passion in my veins, wanting her to know how I care for her without me having to say so. My heart practically stops dead when she kisses me back, gentle hands on either side of my neck and a smile curled on her soft fucking lips. I revel in it, my fingertips dancing over her sides until her smile grows far too wide for me to actually be able to kiss her sweet lips.

I groan jokingly, leaning my forehead against hers, "Stop fucking smiling and let me kiss your pretty lips, baby," I whisper, my eyes fluttered shut and my chest heaving because she's mine.