57. if i kissed you

a/n;
double update! read 56 first :)
——

friday,
december 31st, 2020

EZRA GREYSTONE

"Ooh! The red lip really suits you," Lola enthuses, clapping her hands a little.

I thank her, shrugging on my oversized leather blazer before giving myself a glance in the mirror. I'm dressed in all black — a long sleeved dress with lace trimming and a square neckline, some rose-printed tights, my favourite pair of boots and of course the jacket. It's New Year's Eve, though, so I've gone for a bright red lip to try and blend in with some of the festivity. Lola luckily owns a red crossbody bag that she has given me for the night, in which I store my phone and other essentials.

"How is it the end of this year?" I sigh, watching Lola as she touches up her mascara.

She applies a swift layer of lipgloss, turning to me with a shrug, "Circle of life, babes. Now let's get drunk!" she grins excitedly.

I simply chuckle and the two of us leave Lola's studio after double checking we've got everything we need for the night. We're headed to a college party actually, one in the same location as the party before Christmas. It's a street away from Greenwich's campus and to be fully honest I'm not even sure who lives there or who the host is, but I had fun last time so when the guys suggested we attend the New Year's Party going on there it didn't take much for me to agree.

The chatter between Lo and I doesn't dare cease as we take the lift down to the common area of our accommodation building. We find the boys there, the three of them conversing gleefully until Milo spots us. He brightly smiles, waving childishly before taking a few steps forward. He grasps Lola's hands, tugging her to his sweater-clad chest and planting a kiss right on her shiny lips.

"Well that's just disturbing," Leo mutters, pinching the bridge of his nose in annoyance.

I giggle, slipping past the happy couple with a pat to Milo's arm. I come face to face with two of my four best friends, the ones I've endured the most tension with lately. Nevertheless, I kiss both of their cheeks and we share a little group hug.

I haven't seen either of them — or the other two — properly since just before Christmas when we all travelled up to Edinburgh together. Once up north, we split ways and spent the holidays with our respective families. I had Leo for my Secret Santa, so presenting him with a variety of little gifts eased the awkwardness between us anyways.

And well, as for Ollie, the confession he spat out over two weeks ago now stays between us. We haven't mentioned it again and I'm tired of being angry with either of them for keeping Luke's double life from me. (Dramatic? Maybe.)

So, we're fine. All of us are back to normal — or as normal as we can get considering Ollie and I are sort of in on a secret relating to his feelings for me that nobody else is aware of.

"Ready to forget this weird fuckin' year?" Leo smiles at me as I examine his and Ollie's faces for any remnants of my red lipstick.

Upon finding nothing, I'm impressed with this lip product, "Hm. I quite liked it," I reply, a smile edging at my lips as Milo and Lola join us.

Ollie tilts his head with an innocent grin, gently reaching for my wrist and giving it a comforting squeeze. He proceeds to lead the way with Lola and Milo considering we've all made the brave decision to walk to the party. It shouldn't take too long, maybe twenty minutes.

Leo hangs back with me as we walk, bumping my hip with his, "Any word of blondie?" he mumbles, looking down at me.

I purse my lips, recalling the couple of texts Cal had sent me over the past couple of weeks. They all included positive things about Luke's health and his recovery. I even briefly spoke with the blue eyed man himself over text at Christmas, when he sent me a short text wishing me a Merry Christmas. Of course I replied, asking how he was to which he assured me that he was doing okay. I shut my phone off then, knowing that after a few festive drinks I might start to spill out how much I fucking miss him.