dead

Dead au

Virgil's pov

I'm falling, the ground is getting closer. ROMAN. Romans the only reason I ever stayed. We have been together for as long as I can remember. We started dating the first year of highschool but we have known each other longer. I can't leave him, I'm all he has left. Remus died last year due to eating deodorant for to long, after falling into depression because his boyfriend Dee died protecting him from a venomous snake. Patton died holding Logan who was hit by a car, Patton pasted due to an anxiety attack and hyperventilating because Logan was gone.

I don't even know what happened. I'm so sorry Roman. Finally I feel the ground. It slightly hurts but I feel a strange weight on my shoulders. I open my eyes. I jump to see a white room, not really my style. My head hurts like crazy when I realize Remus, Dee, Patton and Logan are sitting there with me.

"Welcome to the afterlife... Virgil," I glance up and Remus who has tears in his eyes. "Why would you leave Roman." I tear up a little and look away. "I really don't know." Dee flys over to me and hugs me. Dee sees me as a little brother, although we're not related. "Rem v was murdered, he was drugged and brought to a rooftop, he tried to get away but ended up falling," Dee kept me close.

"Ro ro," I mutter crying a little more.

"Well you are dead so why don't we show you around," Logan said trying to lighten the mood.

"All I want is Roman."

They all fall silent. "Virgil there is a way you can see him again but he can't see you and I doubt you want to see how big of a mess he is," Dee said standing up, helping me up.

"How teach me, what do I need to do," I said quickly while Dee frowned. "Okay but don't freak out when you see him."

Next thing I know I'm floating next to him. He's crying. All because of me. I frowned and hug him knowing he can't feel it.

I whisper " I'm sorry Ro ro, for everything." I watch him for days. He's not eating or drinking all he has done is cried.

Everyone has stopped by once at least. But nothing fixes the pain I feel knowing I caused all this pain. Especially twords the love of my life.

Finally Roman gets up and walks to the kitchen. I follow watching him carefully. He takes out the chicken I made him they day before I dies and eats a little bit of it. He puts it away and goes to our room and changes. He then walks outside and takes a walk. I love him but he never walks ever.

I follow closely wondering what is on his mind when he stops at a cross on the road painted two shades of blue. For Logan and Patton. They pop up to see Roman and smile slightly. Roman pulled out a card and sets it behind the cross under a rock so the wind doesn't blow it away he then stands up, and starts walking to a field. Dees field where Dee and Remus are buried. He sets another note down and walks to the next place. The building that took my life. He goes up to the rooftop and sits there letting the wind blow through his hair.

Tears fall as he looks down at the crime scene below. Blood covers the sidewalk, splatters all over the building. And worst of all covers the tree we met at when we were little.

I fly down to see the tree and see the rock was still hanging. We hung a rock on the tree and always said when it falls we both no longer love each other. I will never stop loving him and everyone who saw us together knew it.

I fly back to him as he shuts his eyes and cries leaning against the generator on the roof. After a while he walks home where he walks over to my closet and takes one of his hoodies I stole from him and put it on. It smelled like me because I wore it when I slept always.

Most of his hoodies were stolen by me but he let me because he loves me. Roman layed down and staired at a picture of all of us together. He reached over and threw it, breaking the glass of the frame. Dee showed up and sat next to me, watching Roman as well. I turn and place my head on his shoulder crying. The pain Roman feels kills me. Sadly I can't fix it. I can't calm him down. I can't kiss him, I can't cook for him, I can't lay next to him, he can't even see me.

I know what he's going to do, but I don't want to believe it. Dee takes me to the room Roman spawns in and I tackle him. He's all I have ever needed. Soon everyone shows up and we all have dinner even though we don't need to eat together like we used to. We all have a sleepover even though we don't need to sleep like we used to .

We all lived happier here than down on earth, Because chosen family is real family, no matter how big or small life is only as valuable as you make it. And to make it better, keep family close. And chosen family is stronger than real family in our case.