suicide prevention

Romans pov

Virgil has been starting to seem suicidal, and it's come to my attention that everyone else also think so. So I've decided to check up on my crush.

"Hey v, we need to talk," I say walking to the other room. Once he sits down, he smiles politely back at me, I stare  politely right on through his lies.

I don't even ask if he's suicidal, I just start rambling about how I know best, while trying to slip out to his defense, without granting innocence. I lay out a list of what is wrong, and what I've told him all along. I'm just praying he is listening and actually takes it into consideration.

As he tries to deny he's suicidal, his voice raises, I lower mine and ask him a question. Now he will do one of two things, he will admit to everything, or hill say he's just not the same and I'll begin to wonder why I came.

V stairs at me and says " I've changed." I stand up and pass him my number, "before you do anything call me, hell or even text me." I walk out, knowing my presence was no longer wanted.

Later I'm just laying awake worried I made something worse when I get a text from him. I smile, not at the text, it was awful, but from him taking the step of reaching out, it's one of the most important steps to getting out of the hole.