It's Zay Time

Hi guys

Hope you all liked the last chapter.

------

So Lucas has finally voiced his concerns and I bet he's feeling much better now that he told someone

But now Cory and Topanga are worried about his reaction if something unfortunate does happen

------

The next day Cory spends time with all the kids talking about their classes.

When they start talking about the debate class, Cory can see exactly what Lucas was talking about the night before.

He could clearly hear the admiration for the teacher even in Farkle and Smackle's voice.

Cory understood that he had given Lucas the best possible advice when they had discussed the issue.

They were talking for about an hour or two when they decided to go to the bakery to help start Zay's channel.

------

When they reached the bakery, Riley first asked Topanga and Katy if it was okay for them to move some of the furniture and shoot the video.

There were no objections from either of the mothers and the gang started moving the furniture to make room for the dance floor. Zay gave out instructions to everyone to help clear out some space for him to dance freely.

Lucas did most of the heavy lifting while also helping out the others.

------

Riley was happy to see Lucas talking more which was a clear sign that he was feeling better. She could see that Lucas seemed to be more relaxed than the night before so she knew that talking to her parents had definitely helped Lucas.

While she was not entirely happy about being left in the dark, Riley was glad to see that he was not keeping things to himself.

------

They were almost done clearing out the dance floor for Zay when Shawn and Cory entered the bakery.

Shawn was holding his camera while Cory was smiling suspiciously.

Maya looked at Shawn confused and asked, "Hey dad. What are you doing here?"

Shawn is about to answer when Cory cuts him off and says, "I called him here to help out. This is Zay's first video and I thought we should record it properly. Shawn is a professional so he'll do a better job than any of us."

Riley replies, "That's a great idea Dad. Zay should start off with a bang. Uncle Shawn clicks amazing pictures for his blog."

Shawn smiles and says, "Thank you for the compliment Riley. So now let's start working. First tell me what exactly you kids have in mind for the video."

Zay starts explaining his vision for the first video while the others keep giving their inputs.

Shawn chuckles lightly on seeing how excited all the kids are.

The kids were busy discussing Zay's video so they didn't notice Lucas leaving to go to one of the quiet corners of the bakery.

------

Topanga had discreetly asked Lucas to follow her. They both go to one of the quiet corners of the bakery.

Topanga turns to face Lucas and takes a deep breath.

Lucas nervously asks, "Is everything okay?"

Topanga replies, "I sent your parents the papers to umm, for lack of a better word, disown you."

Lucas takes a deep breath and says, "That's good I guess. Just let me know when they sign them."

Topanga looks surprised and asks, "Don't you mean 'if' they sign them?"

Lucas shoots her a sad smile and replies, "I know my father Topanga. He's been ashamed to call me his son since we moved to New York. He won't mind disowning me and Mama won't ever go against him. Honestly I don't really know what she actually thinks of Riley and my life choices. She simply takes my father's side."

Topanga pulls him in for a hug and says, "I'm so sorry Lucas. You don't deserve this."

Lucas pulls away and replies, "It doesn't really matter whether I deserve this or not. You don't need to feel bad for me Topanga. This ain't my first rodeo."

Topanga shakes her head, chuckling at Lucas talking like a true Texan.

She says, "You can take the boy out of Texas but you can't take Texas out of the boy."

Lucas simply tips an imaginary hat in response.

Topanga pushes him away and says, "Now go back to your friends before they notice you're missing."

Lucas laughs and goes to join his friends.

------

When Lucas arrives he notices that the gang was done discussing the plan.

Shawn starts giving out orders to all the kids and eventually they start shooting Zay's first dance video.

The gang enjoys themselves while Maya also joins Zay to dance. Smackle and Farkle edit the clips.

They used the clip of Maya dancing with Zay as a 'Behind the Scenes or BTS' video.

They had also recorded the others who hadn't come in front of the camera.

The others asked the geniuses, "Why are you adding us to the BTS video?"

Smackle simply answered, "We all had fun whether it was onscreen or offscreen. We should show the viewers that."

Zay decides to name his channel 'Zay Energy' and posts his first video.

The gang and their parents all celebrate with pastries and cookies.

------

Josh shows up during the celebration and decides that he wants to dance with his girlfriend.

He puts on a romantic song and pulls Maya up to dance. Cory and Shawn follow with their respective partners.

Lucas looks out of the corner of his eye and notices that Riley was looking at the dancing couples wistfully.

He walks up to her, puts out his hand, bows down and asks, "May I have this dance princess?"

Riley smiles with a curtsy and replies, "You certainly may kind Sir."

They start dancing together and get lost in their own world looking at each other.

Lucas and Riley don't even notice that the other couples stop dancing to watch them.

Smackle pulls up a camera and records them dancing.

Cory and Topanga look at them and are even more sure of their decision to give Lucas their blessings.

------

Love it? Hate it?

Please Vote