Slight Change in Plans

Hey guys 

Hope you liked the last chapter 

------

Will Lucas and Riley be able to pull off their plan? 

------

The gang heads back to college after a few days but Riley refuses to enter her dorm room.

They had lodged an official complaint and Riley was afraid of Simon hurting her because of it.

Topanga had a talk with the warden on their floor and Riley was given special permission to stay with Lucas.

The warden was sympathetic towards Riley and understood that Riley only felt safe with Lucas.

That's how Riley found herself in her boyfriend's bedroom reading a book while Lucas was attending class.

------

The administration had allowed Riley to skip her classes as long as she submitted all her assignments on time.

Whether the administration understood Riley's fears or were terrified of her mother was a bit unclear.

The teachers were a bit miffed at first but when they heard about the incident they couldn't help but feel sympathetic towards her.

All the teachers were told to send Riley's assignments through Lucas so her boyfriend brought Riley her assignments and helped her whenever she got stuck. 

Simon also noticed Riley's absence and questioned it but was only told that she wasn't feeling well so the administration had given her permission to skip classes.

Simon himself tried to go and give Riley the assignments himself but he was denied access in the dorm building.

The reason given to him was that the board had changed some rules due to which only students were allowed inside.

------

Riley finally felt comfortable because of the special arrangements and couldn't be more glad about her mother's reputation. 

Topanga had also threatened to sue the college if they didn't take Riley's complaint seriously.

After some discussions a day was chosen in the following week for a hearing with the Dean.

Simon hadn't been informed yet to ensure Riley's safety.

Riley had nightmares sometimes because of which Lucas always held her when they slept. Lucas' arms helped Riley feel safe and she could finally sleep longer at night.

They had been back for a few days when Lucas decided to go for a walk alone.

------

Zay tried to look inconspicuous and announced that he was going to check out the place Riley had suggested for his next video.

Riley and Lucas shared a secret smile because they knew that they might just be able to get a confession out of Simon which would be extremely helpful in the hearing.

What they didn't know was that Farkle had given Zay some instructions as per a plan he had come up with to try and help them with the case.

-Flashback-

Farkle was pacing in his room with Zay just sitting there looking bored. 

Farkle knew they had to keep an eye on Lucas but it would not be an easy task. If Lucas realised what was happening he would be extremely pissed and the situation could get worse.

Lucas seemed to be calm but Farkle knew that he was itching to do something to Simon and teach a lesson for hurting Riley.

Farkle wanted to do something himself but he knew that with the hearing next week, Lucas or anyone else doing anything to Simon now would hurt their case.

Zay suddenly says, "Would you stop pacing already? You're starting to give me a headache."

Farkle replies, "Zay we have to find a way to keep an eye on Lucas without him knowing. I talked to Topanga and she clearly said that if Lucas acts on his instincts it would have a negative impact on Riley's case."

Zay says, "Would you relax already? I'm sure Lucas knows this so there's nothing to worry about."

Farkle replies exasperated, "I can't relax because Lucas is not fine right now. He may look like he's calm but you and I both know it'll just take a second for him to flip the switch. It's our job as his friends to ensure that Lucas doesn't do something he might most definitely regret later."

Zay asks, "Well then what did you have in mind?"

Farkle replies, "Lucas is feeling overwhelmed right now and eventually he's going to want to be alone. The place that Riley suggested also happens to be the spot where Lucas goes when he wants to be alone. You with me?"

Zay asks, "How do you know that he goes there when he wants to be alone?"

Farkle shoots him an unimpressed look and replies, "Well firstly I have seen him go somewhere near the student union building whenever he tells us that he's going for a walk alone. Also Riley went to talk to him once before she told you about the place which means that the place holds some kind of meaning for Lucas."

Zay says, "Okay then what next?"

Farkle replies, "Whenever Lucas leaves the room saying that he wants to be alone, I want you to follow him with the excuse that you need to check out some area that Riley suggested. That way Lucas won't be questioning you about it. Once you reach there start recording for your video but keep an eye on Lucas. If by any chance you see Simon around make sure to record their conversation."

Zay asks, "Why do I need to record that conversation?"

Farkle replies, "Simon knows that Lucas is overprotective and also has a temper. He'll probably try to get a rise out of him so we need to know about this conversation. I'm asking you to record so that we can show Topanga what exactly happened. Your exaggerations will not help us because Topanga would want the exact facts. Just remember to stop Lucas immediately if it looks like he might just punch Simon. So you understood my plan?"

Zay nods understanding the plan.

The two boys then wait patiently to set their plan in motion.

-Flashback-

And so two secret plans were now in motion.

Only one thought in the minds of all those involved: 

Simon must pay

------

Love it? Hate it?

Please vote