Problems Revealed

Hey guys

Hope you liked the last part

------

So Farkle is now suspicious but will he be able to figure things out in time?

------

The rest of the weekend was uneventful and before they know it, it's time to go back to college.

Farkle doesn't bring up the sleep talking thing with Lucas in hopes that he might reveal what exactly he feels the need to protect Riley from.

He knew it was wrong but he couldn't really think of any other way around the situation.

Whatever Lucas wanted to protect Riley from had gone unnoticed by him and the others so asking Lucas directly might anger him.

Farkle started keeping a closer eye on Lucas to try and figure out what the possible danger was.

Unfortunately for him, Lucas was rather good at keeping things to himself which made things extremely difficult for him.

------

The week went on with their classes going on as usual.

Lucas was still sceptical of Simon but he kept his thoughts to himself.

He was unaware of Farkle's concerns but he still tried to keep his guard up.

He had heard from Riley that Simon felt like Lucas didn't like him.

As true as that might be, Lucas certainly didn't want Simon picking up on it.

------

One day Simon was informing the class about their first official assignment.

He says, "So guys I know that I've been giving you guys assignments but they haven't exactly been graded. The assignments I've given till now will just go towards your class discussion marks. For your first official graded assignment, you guys will be writing an essay. Your debate topic is 'Morals are more important than Ethics' and you all will be arguing from both sides. I want you guys to argue from both sides like you would in a debate and give a conclusion in the end. You guys can add points about your personal opinion as well. I'll be expecting this essay next week and I'll be discussing them with you guys in class. If I find any essay that stands out in any way, I might discuss it with you privately first. Sounds good?"

The class murmurs in agreement.

Lucas didn't like the sound of the private discussion but he didn't have much of a choice but to agree.

He didn't want to draw attention to himself so he had no option but to agree with the rest of the class.

He would just have to be more alert to ensure Riley's safety.

------

After class he went to the college office to get the records changed and Riley had decided to accompany him.

Lucas had brought all the necessary documents that Topanga had given him during the weekend.

He had talked to the receptionist in the office about the procedure so he hoped he didn't leave out any important document.

He just wanted to get this done so that he wouldn't have to deal with his so-called parents ever again.

------

What they didn't know was that Simon had followed them to try and find a way to get Lucas to leave Riley alone so that he could spend some time with her.