•『 𝖎 : 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊 』•

╭━─━─━─≪✠≫─━─━─━╮

His words made Heeseung step back, "Oh, so you've been having feelings for a human? Hah, just like your father."

"It's not that. I just don't want her to go through what our mother went through."

Heeseung simply nodded his head before walking to his majestic table and picking up a piece of paper. He slowly folded it as he spoke, "I'll make sure she doesn't. You know, I actually know what's going to happen in the future."

"It isn't the time to lie, Heeseung," Hyunjun sighed.

"I'm not...I've thought about it for a long time now. I want to apologize for hurting you by the way. You turned out so feeble."

"What are you saying? This isn't you."

"No, this is the real me. The Heeseung you had been seeing, the Prince who had been torturing you endlessly every single time you tried to get in here, wasn't the real me."

"What are you talking about?"

"I did all of those just to keep you away and safe from the King," he turned to face a confused Hyunjun.

"The King? Why?"

"I was never the one to come up with the idea of keeping you away from here. It was the King's," Heeseung sighed, "He knew that you were going to try and see me to talk to me as soon as he heard about mother's secret."

"What secret?"

"Well...they say that if one of the two Demi brothers sacrifices his life for his other brother who's near to death, that other brother will have the chance to live and turn into a Greater vampire."

Hyunjun furrowed his eyebrows, "That's just a myth."

"I thought so too, at first," Heeseung chuckled, "But then I discovered something in the library years ago. I don't think it's just a myth anymore. Now I believe you know the reason why I kept on trying to shred you into pieces."

"No, Heeseung. Even if that's the case, don't do it," Hyunjun shook his head vigorously, "I'm better off dead. You're the next ruler of this Kingdom, you can't just do that to yourself."

"You're right, the King is already dead when I sent him off to the forest so I'm practically the King now, but I'm the one who's better off dead," Heeseung smiled, "After everything I did to you and my parents...I don't think I can be forgiven for my acts."

"That's not true," Hyunjun looked down at his feet to hide himself being in an emotional state.

Heeseung hesitantly took out the dagger from his pockets, "I knew that the King was going to send his soldiers to kill you so I guess you can say that's why I sent him away, just to get him killed instead."

He stared at the dagger and gazed at his elder brother who was still looking down at his feet. He had not noticed the weapon in Heeseung's hands.

"This might make you hate me even more but, here's my last advice to you as well," Heeseung smiled, making Hyunjun look up.

He was about to take the weapon away when Heeseung stabbed himself right in his chest and stumbled, "Take care of mother and tell her that I'm sorry..." he barely spoke out, "...for not treating her better when I had the chance."

"No!" Hyunjun exclaimed before laying his younger brother on the bed and hesitantly trying to hold onto the dagger, "Y-You can't do this!" He wailed.