Chapter 5: The Family Business

Bakugo POV:

The rising sun shines through the blinds hitting my eyes, making me squint as I wake. I look over at the clock, it's early, only 7 am. I groan wishing I could fall back to sleep. I slowly sit up from the couch bed, stretching as I look around. I am at my parent's secondary office building, in one of the many rooms reserved for staff to rest. My father had called me in to help with a big project. It was only supposed to take a couple days, but was now extended to potentially 3 more.

'I hope Shoto didn't have any issues without me last night' I think to myself. I wanted to be there, to protect him, but I was already on my way to my parents office when he called me about the tip he got. He assured me, in his usual calm voice, that he was already on top of it and didn't need me to return until my job was done. 

This frustrated me. I loved it when my parents called me in for a job, but hated being away from Shoto when he had a public appearance. I am his main guard for those events, and it stressed me knowing that I wasn't going to be there. Especially for the ones that had a hit on my Shoto.

I turn to grab my phone, and there is a text notification from Shoto. "Like I thought, a novice assassin. The plan went smoothly. Call me after 3pm. Love you, Katsuki." I snort, Shoto is always get straight to the point, never adding fluff. I smile as I reread the last part. I'm glad he is okay and it went well, I knew it would. Shoto is highly skilled at hand to hand combat, and thinks incredibly fast in any situation. Even a fully trained assassin would have a hard time taking him out.

I get up walking into the bathroom, and look at myself in the mirror. I smile at the light blue and orange soul mark on my chin. It was from the first kiss Shoto gave me 4 years ago at private school.

I blush remembering him lightly grabbing my chin with his thumb and finger, pulling me in closer to his face, his touch gentle. His eyes were calm, but determined, making my breath quicken. When his lips met mine I felt goosebumps run all over my body. His lips were so soft as they moved with mine. He wrapped his arms around me, as I pushed my hand into his hair, deepening the kiss. I softly pushed him to the wall, pressing my body against his. He smirks into the kiss, pulling away.

"About time you make a move." I say teasing him, a smile on my face. His hold tightens around me, keeping me pressed against him. Shoto looks at me, his arms at my waist, his face leaned towards mine.

"I should have done it sooner, I like seeing my color on your face." He whispers into my ear. I look at him confused, not understanding what he meant. He pulls up his hand and I see the soul mark on his right 2 fingers have turned a dull orange with small swirls of blue.

I look back at him, "Yes, you're mine." I whisper shout. I lean back in quickly for another kiss. Shoto grunts at the abrupt connection, but melts into my lips. Our kiss is more passionate than before. We keep kissing until we hear a shout from down the hall, it is one of the professors. I grab Shoto's hand and we run down the dark hallway, giggling.

'I need to get back soon.' I sigh, the desire to fill his lips on mine again filling my head.

I get dressed and head to my father's office. I walk into an elevator and hit floor 53, then lean against the back wall. My father was the owner of the largest bank in Japan. He has worked with many mafias over the years, but his longest client has been Endeavor's Agency.

My parents have had me work alongside them for the past few years. They have always wanted me involved with everything they do, even as a child, to the point where I only had a nanny when they had to go on business trips. I smile at the memory of being 8 years old sitting by my dad at the huge desk. He is asking me questions about school, ignoring the stack of papers on his desk.

The elevator dings and I walk out of the elevator and into the grand office. The walls were all windows, showing a beautiful view of the city, the sunrise casting cool hues over the room. My father sat at the same desk he always had, "Good morning, Katsuki." He says looking up with a smile.

"Where is mom?" I reply sitting down at one of the chairs in front of the desk, slouching down to get comfortable. 

"Getting us some breakfast, we have another big day." He says while leaning back into his chair, taking a break from the papers on his desk. I can't help but smile at my father, my parents have always put their family first. It didn't matter how big a project was, it never took time away from him and his needs.

"How much longer will this take?" I ask directly. My father sighs, thinking for a moment.

 "Probably 3 days, I know you want to get back to Shoto. I will try to get this done quickly." He says looking at me with apologetic eyes. I nod, and thank him.

The door opens, my mother walking in with 2 bowls on a tray. "Ah, Katsuki. Glad to see you are up. Did you sleep well?" She asks making her way towards us. "Oh, how did Shoto's appearance go last night?" She asks a bit too loudly. There is more curiosity in her voice when it comes to the second question. "I saw pictures of him on the news this morning. He looked so handsome in that suit." She says, setting down the tray and handing me a bowl.

"It went well, just like he planned." I said before shoving food in my mouth. Because of my parents' work we never spoke about anything in detail at either office. In many cases it was nice, because my mother was very pushy for details about my personal life when we were at home.

"Alright, let's get started." My father says with determination in his voice. He glances back down at all the papers on his desk, furrowing his eyebrows. I let out a breath while getting up, looking at the watch on my wrist, 7 more hours until I can call Shoto. I get up and walk to the other side of the desk leaning over it with my father and start discussing the plan. 

(Words 1150)