Chapter 18: Surprises

Midoriya POV:

I rub my eyes and try to stretch but feel arms around me. I look over my shoulder to see Shoto sleeping, his face calm and beautiful. I slowly roll over and kiss his lips lightly. At first it was just me kissing him, but then I feel his lips move against mine. I can feel his smile and he moves his hand to my hair, not letting me pull away. 

"Good morning." He says in a lazy voice.

"Good morning." I say back, as I watch him stretch. He doesn't have a shirt on so I am able to see his muscular chest tighten and then relax. He rolls back to me, draping his arm around me, running his fingers up and down my bare back. We stay there for a moment before he leans in and kisses my forehead.

"We should get ready. We have a big day ahead of us." He says with a sigh. He sits up and stands by the bed, stretching again. 

"What are we doing?" I ask, not moving from my spot as I admire the naked man before me.

"I have a surprise for you. I will tell you on the way." He looks at me over his shoulder with a small smile.

"Fine." I say while moving to the side of the bed. I try to stand up when I feel pain in my.... "Ahhh... my ass!" I yell, gripping the sheets. I try to stand, but my legs refuse.

 I look up to Shoto who is trying to hold back a laugh as he has a hand over his mouth. "Haha." I frustratedly say to him. 

"This isn't funny!" He nods his head, composing himself. He walks over to me and bends down.

 "Here, the hot water from the shower will help." He hooks his arms under mine and I wrap my legs around his waist. He picks me up like a koala and starts carrying me to the bathroom. "You're cute when you're angry." He whispers in my ear. I can sense a smile in his voice, so I pinch him. "Ouch. Okay, I'm sorry." He says with a laugh.

Once in, he carries me into the shower. He gently sets me on my feet, still holding me steady as I wobble. After a few minutes I am able to stand by myself as the warm water flows over my body.

"We should have done this sooner," He says, grabbing a shampoo bottle. "It's a turn on to see you in my shower, you look hot while wet." He smiles at me as I start to blush.

I look up at him and glare, a smirk forming on his face in reply. "You're one to talk." I say under my breath as I look away. I hear him chuckle as he hands me the bottle.

We had finished our shower and I was mostly able to walk on my own. I was sitting on the side of the bed putting on my shoes when I heard a buzz. I look up and see Shoto glaring at his phone. "Damn it." He says angrily.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"My father is calling an emergency meeting." I just sit there as he stares at his phone, not knowing if I should stop and take off my shoes. After a moment he looks up at me. "I guess I should tell you what your surprise is." 

He walks and sits down next to me. "Izuku, I found your mother."

I look at him shocked. "What?!" I had expected to never see her again. I can feel my eyes starting to water, Shoto lightly grabs my leg and rubbing..

"She is in the hospital, Izuku..." He turns to look at me, sadness in his face. "She has been there for a couple months now." He squeezes my leg a little harder as I process what he is saying. Tears start flowing for another reason, a painful reason. 

"You can still go today without me if you wish, but I will have to ask Katsuki to go with you." My gaze falls to the floor as I nod my head. I don't really care who takes me, I just want to see my mother.

He pulls out his phone and I assume texts Katsuki, the phone buzzes in response a few seconds later. Shoto stands and grabs my hand pulling me into a gentle hug. 

"I'm so sorry, Izuku. Would you like to go now?" I nod my head and we start walking out of the room.

Bakugo POV:

I stand by the car waiting for Izuku and Shoto to come. My mind running wild with anxiety and random scenarios. I had already agreed to go with them, but now it was just going to be Izuku and I... and the other guard... and driver, but mostly just me and Izuku.

I was starting to get nervous. What was I supposed to do, how am I supposed to act after last night? He didn't seem to hate me with the way he was looking at me and holding my face, but I can't just assume with our previous history. He could have just pitied me.

My thoughts were interrupted by one of the guards greating Shoto. I turn and see them a few feet away, walking towards me. Izuku was looking down, holding onto Shoto's arm tightly while walking a little weird.

I opened the door and watched him climb in. His movements were slow, as if he was in pain. Once he had eased his way into the seat I closed the car door and turned to Shoto who was standing by me.

"What happened to Izuku, did he hurt himself?" I ask, too much concern in my voice. He looks at me and shakes his head, a smirk forming on his face. After a moment it clicks. "You didn't!" I said quietly so no one could hear me. Shoto leans in close to my ear.

"Careful with that temper Katsuki, " he says, a wide smile forming on his face. "Or I will do to you what I did to him." I blush at his words. I hadn't noticed till then, but I was mad. I had my hand balled up in fits and was gritting my teeth. 

I watched Shoto turn and walk away, throwing his hand up in a wave goodbye. "Damn it Shoto!" I growl to myself as I make my way around the car. 

Word count: 1077