Chapter 7: Another Lover

Shoto is leaning against the side of the window, his back to me. His hair is gently combed back, but still slightly messy. He is wearing a fitted shirt that caresses his back nicely and pants that hug his butt just right, I blush at myself for noticing. The door clicks behind me making Shoto turn around with a smile. He walks towards me, and man he looks 10x hotter from the front.

"How did you sleep Izuku?" He asks as he grabs my waist and pulls me in close. I put my hands on his chest not knowing what to do with them. I can feel his pecks through the shirt and my breathing quickens.

"I, um... slept well." I say trying to move my focus away from his chest. His hands tightened around my waist, pulling me even closer than we were. I keep my face down, looking at the ground, trying to hide the blush forming on my face.

"Hmm, good." He says, pushing his face into my hair, kissing the top of my head. We stood there for a moment before he placed one of his hand on my cheek. He pulls my face up gently so I am looking right into his eyes. His face is so close to mine, our noses almost touching. My heart quickens and starts beating so loudly that he must be able to hear it.

He looks at me with loving eyes, and whispers, "Can I kiss you, Izuku?" 

I can feel his breath on my lips, warm and inviting. I look at his lips and take myself by surprise by pushing myself up onto my toes, our lips meeting. He smiles in surprise and pushes his lips against mine, our kiss starting slow. His lips are so soft, warm, they make me want to kiss him forever. I can feel his hand make its way into my hair, lightly tugging. It feels unexpectedly good. My hands grip his shirt in response, pulling him even closer so I can rest my feet comfortably on the ground. We stand there, our lips moving together. Nothing exists for a moment, just him.

I feel a butterfly stir in my stomach as I feel him bite my lower lip, then his tongue gently caresses after it. It was gentle and kind, but it caught me by surprise. He does it again, this time a little harder. I gasp in response, and I feel his tongue enter my mouth. The butterflies in my stomach go crazy as I feel him slowly explore. I can't help the quiet moan that comes from my throat.

His other hand leaves my waist and starts traveling down, I feel his hand push into my back pocket and he squeezes my ass. I break our kiss with a gasp of pleasure. His face falls to my neck and I can feel his hot breath gently against my skin. I am breathing hard and my face feels hot, but I don't want him to stop.

"Can we move to the bed?" He asks lightly as his lips gently brush my upper neck. It sends goosebumps across me as my mind turns blank and it is hard to respond. My heart is pounding and my head feels a little dizzy. I feel a slight ping of anxiety as I finally process what he might mean. Yet, I feel a certain part of me grow a little bigger at the thought. "Yes." I finally say after a moment, my voice is breathy as I try to breathe normally.

He pulls slightly away and looks at me. "Are you okay, Izuku?" He asks kindly, I can hear a little concern in his voice. I nod my head as I try to gain my composure, but my head is still dizzy and heart refuses to calm down. He pulls away a little more, allowing me to stand up normally. 

"Maybe we should take a break, you might have a concussion." He says taking in my current condition. I am still breathing heavily and my face is bright red. I notice his eyes move down and notice the bulge in my pants. He chuckles as I pull my hands off him and try to hide it under my shirt.

He gently grabs my arm and guides me to the bed, sitting me down on the edge. He sits next to me, only our thighs touching. We sit there for a moment until I am able to compose myself. He leans forward, resting his elbows on his knees, thinking. "Tell me about yourself, Izuku." I look at him, he doesn't meet my eyes and keeps staring forward.

"Umm, what do you want to know?" I ask, not sure what he is looking for. I've already told him about being in the mafia for 13 years, there isn't much to tell. Most of my life has been about training and completing assignments for my mafia leader.

He sits back slowly, turning slightly toward me. "Do you have any friends?" He asks casually. I sat there for a minute, trying to think of what would constitute a friend... It isn't like I really had any opportunity to make any. My life wasn't normal after all.

"I guess my lieutenant is the closest I had to a friend after I joined the mafia. I also had a bunk mate named Mineta, but I was assigned to kill him last year for being an informant for..." I pause remembering who I was talking to. "The Endeavor Agency." I finished reluctantly, I look at him out of the corner of my eye. He didn't respond, or even seem to care.

After a second I continued. "Before the mafia, there was a boy I used to play with on the playground by my house. We would play there a few days a week, but not very long. He always had adults around him and they would take him away sooner than I wanted them to." I sigh remembering the blonde boy. "The day I was taken into the mafia was the last day I played with him." I finish with a small smile on my face.

"Do you remember his name?" He asks. I hadn't noticed that he was now facing me, one leg folded on the bed, he was looking at me with a smile. I smile back and nod. " I don't remember his real name, but I called him Kacchan." He nodded his head, looking at me with gentle eyes.

"Do you have any friends?" I ask him, trying to break the silence.

He sits up straighter at my question, and turns back to facing the room. This time our legs don't touch. He sighs, and looks at me. He holds out his right hand towards me and I look down at it. I didn't notice at first until he adjusted his hand a little. There on the tip of his thumb and side of his pointer finger was an blue and orange soul mark. My heart falls a little at the realization.

"Who are they?'' I ask, a little bit too aggressively. Am I jealous?

"His name is Katsuki, we went to private school together." He looks down in thought. "We were classmates for a couple years before we found out we are soulmates. He works with me now, mostly as a bodyguard when I go out to events." I freeze as I remember last night, a chill running over me. My mind panics, 'Could I have?' 'Was he one of the?' I open my mouth but nothing comes out.

"No." He says, looking at me with a small smile. "He wasn't there last night." I audibly sigh, letting go of the breath I was holding. "Thank you for being concerned, that is touching." He says his smile getting a littler bigger, his eyes locking with mine.

My heart started to beat a little faster at his smile. "Where is he? Katsuki, I mean." I prod, looking away from him.

"He is on his own assignment right now. He won't be back for a few days." He says with a small nod, looking off into the distance. I could see longing in his eyes, as if looking at something not here. I felt the jealousy come back as I watched him.

"Will I get to meet him?" I ask quietly, not really wanting him to hear. He looked happy wherever he was at the moment.

"That is up to him. I won't force him to be part of something he doesn't want, especially with this kind of..." He pauses, searching for a word. "Life event." He says, looking at me. His eyes are calm, but I can see a little sadness. This must be hard for him I think to myself. I mean having 2 soul marks is rare, the likelihood of this Katsuki only have one soul mark is very high. He may not want to hurt Katsuki, even if it came to him having another soulmate.

 I open my mouth to reply when I hear a buzzing. Shoto looks down and pulls a phone out of his pocket.

"It's 3, I have to go." He says, getting up and walking to the door. The phone is still buzzing in his hand as he grabs the door knob. He turns back at me for a moment and smiles before opening the door and leaving.

I ran up to the door and put my ear against it, hoping I could hear something. "Hello." I hear Shoto say, there is a slight pause. "Hi, Katsuki. How are you doing?" His voice gets quieter as he walks away.

I pull back from the door, my heart sinking. I could hear the love in his voice, the calm, sweet tones. It was very similar to the voice he used with me earlier. I feel my eyes starting to water and my throat tightens. 'That is him, his other soulmate.' The thought stabs me in the heart. I slowly walk over to the bed, climbing in and grabbing a pillow to cradle. Tears slowly fell down my face as I replayed Shoto's words about Katsuki in my head.

(1683 words)