Chapter 9: Feeling Trapped

Midoriya POV:

It's been 2 days and Shoto never came back after his call with Katsuki. I have already had breakfast and done my new routine of showering for god knows how long and looking through the room for something to do. I have been sitting on the bed staring at the wall for far too long, I can feel my back start to ack from being hunched over.

I stand up and wander to my perch in the window, hoping that I can find any kind of stimulation outside. It is a beautiful day, the sun shining on the trees, birds chirping happily. I watch as an occasional guard or gardener walks around outside. I can feel the heat of the sun on his skin through the glass, but this doesn't help my mood. To distract myself I start giving the guards I see fake backgrounds to pass the time.

There is a woman with short purple hair, the cut is very different from what I am used to. It reminds me of what dark punk artists do to their hair. I decided that she is the electric guitarist in a punk band and used to travel the word and perform. 

A man walks up to her and starts saying something. He is a lot taller and his pasture is perfect. From what I remember he seems to be very particular with the way he walks the perimeter. I decided he was top of his class in high school and brown nosed the teacher, and probably tried to boss the other students around. If he had his way he would be CEO of his own company.

My eyes shift to a blonde male that is standing by one of the black cars. He is looking at himself, fixing his hair and adjusting his suit. He must have wanted to be the prom queen in highschool, and probably told everyone about it. Honestly, I think he would have won with the confidence he seems to have. I could see him wearing a glittery suit if it was allowed. 

I smirked at myself, before sighing coming back to reality. I haven't stopped replaying what happened the other day in my head over and over. It didn't make me cry anymore, but that didn't mean I was okay. I was unsure of what my future held here. I thought I could have a perfect life with Shoto, he has made me feel like I was the most important thing in his life. Yet that wasn't true, he had another person...

I couldn't blame him for having two soulmates., but I was stressing about how this could work... I reach up and touch my neck. I also had another soulmate as well, 'though I may not survive to experience two soulmates' I say to myself. I couldn't imagine surviving after this mark was activated. 

I turn as there is a nock on the door. It opens and in comes a short girl with green streaks in her long black hair. She was here this morning and said her name is Tsu. I give her a smile and watch as she walks to the same table and places down my lunch. "Is this the only way I get a social life?" I ask, teasing her. She looks at me, not sure how to answer.

"I'm sorry, I do what I am told. If you are lonely you should talk to Todoroki." She turns and walks out the door without further word. I guess she is right, I am an assassin in the first lieutenants bedroom. Of course anyone here would be apprehensive talking to me. I turn back to the window, the more I think the more I am scared that Shoto will never let me leave this room.

I get up and slowly eat my food, trying to distract myself from my thoughts. It doesn't work very well. I feel like a caged bird. I didn't agree to this kind of life... I don't want to spend the rest of my life locked in a room for some man to use me for pleasure.

After a few minutes there is another knock on the door, I turn and see Shoto walking in. A basket is in his hands. I stand up and he smiles at me, his eyes hold my gaze. I don't smile back. He walks over to me, handing me the basket. "I figured you would like the few things you had back." He says watching me look through the basket. I pick up a phone that isn't mine, it is new and still has the protective film on the back. "We discarded your phone since we can't be sure what its use is." I turn around and walk away without saying anything.

"Are you okay?" He asks, as he follows me. I put the basket down on the table, a bit harder than I wanted, causing it to make a loud smack. I turn around to stare at him. He looks down at me with concern, but I just stay there not knowing what to say.

I stand still, squeezing my hands to my side. He takes a step forward, reaching a hand to my face. He is searching my eyes, almost pleading for me to tell him what is wrong. I can feel my chest compress, desperate to release what I am holding back. "Izuku... please tal-."

"I know that it was Katsuki that called you the other day." I interrupt him. He takes a step back, dropping his hand and his eyes soften. "Am I just going to live my life locked away in this room, waiting for you to come visit me? To wait my turn as you play back and forth between your two lovers?!" I was yelling now, I hadn't realized how angry I was about this.

"Am I to live in this jail of a room with the only entertainment, a window and a few guards who barely talk to me?!" I can feel my eyes start to tear and I can't help but scream at him. "I don't want this kind of life, I would rather die than live like a prisoner in my so-called lover's room!" I was breathing hard and my face was now red with rage. I fold my arms across my chest and walk away from him. It wasn't far since we were in his room, so I chose to go to the other side of the bed.

He watches me, giving me the time and space I need. "You are right." he says after a few minutes. "I have been very inconsiderate of your feelings. I hadn't realized how isolating this room can be, and with me leaving abruptly and not coming back I understand why you are mad." He looks at me apologetically, his eyes longing to help me.

"I don't expect you to live locked away, and I don't expect you to wait on me like a puppy." He sighs looking down. "To be honest I am not sure what to do about Katsuki, I haven't told him anything yet. I don't want to distract him while he is away. I am just as worried as you are about what his reaction will mean for us."

He looks up at me and starts walking toward me slowly, reading me to see if it is okay for him to approach me. I let out a heavy breath and opened my arms for him to come. He walks over and pulls me into a hug.

"I promise Izuku, no matter Katsuki's reaction you are my soulmate and I will treat you as such. I am going to treat you better. I am so sorry." He tightens his arms and buries his face in my hair. "How about after dinner we go on a walk and we can talk, get to know each other more. How does that sound?" He continues, I can hear the plea in his voice.

I can't help but feel excitement run through me at his invitation. I could tell he was trying, and that was enough for now. I look up at him with a smile on my face, and I squeeze him tighter, a happy giggle leaving my mouth.

"I'll take that as a yes." He whispers while leaning down to kiss my forehead.

(1386 Words)