Chapter 6

"Well hello, Jennifer. I've been waiting for you. Just never thought I would catch you with drugs. I mean, you are a police officer, aren't you?" he asked. 

"I'm undercover." JJ said. She technically was lying since her sergeant didn't know about what she was doing. 

"And that results in you sleeping around with those who gives your buddy over there drugs so that way you can get them for free?" he asked. 

"Might as well." JJ said. 

"How do you think my precious Emily would feel about that?" he asked. JJ signaled to Rafael for backup before answering. 

"She's not YOUR Emily. You never were hers. You just raped her and got her pregnant. She's MY Emily, but because of you she's dead." JJ said with so much rage and coldness. She's lucky Rafael kept her gun in the car. Otherwise she would shoot him in the head right then and there. 

"And you were mine before you even met Emily." JJ heard another voice say. Except this one she knew. 

"Will? I thought you were rotting in prison?" JJ asked. 

"I was, but our friend here posted bail, so now I'm out. I've been looking for you. Keegan here has heard about you sleeping around. Doesn't surprise me though. You've always been a slut." Will said. 

"Excuse me? What the fuck did you just say?" JJ asked, her anger now brewing stronger. 

"I think you heard me." Will said. JJ pushed past Keegan and shoved Will against the wall. 

"You're the one that really only wanted me for sex. I never slept with anyone while we were together, but maybe I should have. They at least would've paid me for it. And Emily, well, she's a sex god. Actually better than a sex god. You could never match her sex game. You never pleasured me. I faked everything with you." JJ said. She released him and started to walk away, but she could feel him move behind her. She knew he was going to fight her, so she quickly turned around and began blocking his punches and dodging his kicks. There were a couple punches that she missed blocking resulting her being punched in the face. Keegan was about to jump in, but Nala was there to save the day. Rafael did what JJ told him to do and held him down and put the handcuffs on his wrists. Once JJ had Will pinned to the ground, Rafael tossed her her extra set of handcuffs and cuffed him. JJ had called it in, and the police and EMS arriving within minutes. When they got there, JJ had made the statement that she was undercover, and Keegan was the one who was selling her the drugs to distribute and that she didn't know Will was there. The responding officers had her get checked out by EMS to make sure nothing was broken or fractured because she had a pretty bad nose bleed. Rafael walked up to her with Nala. Nala jumped up and sat next to her. 

"Remind me to never make you angry." he said. JJ just chuckled remembering a conversation she had with Derek a while back. 

"I learned to fight from one of my team mates on the BAU team." JJ answered. 

"Well he trained you well." he said. The paramedic told her that she was all good but just needed to ice her nose and possibly eye so they don't swell up as much. JJ hoped down from the ambulance along with Nala, and they went to Rafael's car. He drove them back to JJ's car, but JJ didn't get out as soon as they got there. 

"How about we make a pact." JJ said. 

"Okay?" Rafael said, obviously confused. 

"How about we get clean together. I don't want to see you do drugs the rest of your life, and I definitely don't want to see you go to prison for distributing drugs. So how about we get clean. We can get you a dog to keep you away from taking anything because I see how much you adore Nala. We get you a job that pays well. Hell you can even move to Dallas if you have to to start fresh and get away from old habits." JJ said. 

"I don't know if that would work. I mean, I've only ever known Austin. I don't have a high school diploma. So that puts a damper in getting a good paying job." he said. 

"We can enroll you in a program that gets you your GED. And sometimes it takes making risks and changes to start over and become a better version of yourself." JJ said. 

"I mean I guess you're right. But I don't have a place in Dallas." he said. 

"We'll find you a place. I know there's a lot of apartment complexes that have some openings. We'll start there." JJ said. He nodded his head and agreed to it. JJ got out of the car with Nala, and they went back home. When JJ walked in she didn't expect Maya and Carina to be up still. 

"Holy fuck, you guys!" JJ said, almost shouted. 

"We need to talk." Maya said seriously. 

"About what?" JJ asked, getting nervous. 

"Why did Nala keep sniffing you bag when you guys were about to leave?" Carina asked. 

"I just had some Cheetos in it is all." JJ said. 

"Really? Then why did Declan mention you having a little bag of pain medication for an injury?" Maya asked. 

"Oh that's just because the bottle broke, so I had to put them in a bag." JJ answered. 

"Really? That's funny. Because if it were pain medication, then Nala would be sniffing the end table right beside you right now because I put some pain medication in a little baggie there in the drawer. So what's really going on, and what drugs are you taking?" Carina asked. JJ started getting tears in her eyes and sat down in the chair near her. 

"I've been taking Oxy since Emily dying because I just couldn't handle being overwhelmed anymore with work and planning her funeral and Daviana crying and, just, everything. It was all getting too much for me. I called up my drug dealer, and I told him that I wanted to help him get drugs and basically hunt for the guy who killed Emily. I told him that I would sleep with the ones who gave him enough marijuana to distribute because I remembered Emily mentioning that he smoked weed in Italy. So I did that. And no he wasn't too fond of me doing that. He was very much opposed to the idea. But I did it anyway. And today I finally ran into him an hour and a half from here. Learned his name was Keegan. But I also ran into Will. He was at Keegan's house. Will and I got into an altercation. I guess Keegan tried to jump in and fight me too, but Nala had gotten to him. Rafael, my drug dealer, had let her loose to get Keegan. He held him down and arrested him while I did the same to Will. Nala made sure to stay by in case either one of them tried anything. They were taken into custody. And now I'm here." JJ answered. 

"JJ you realize that that was borderline prostitution right?" Maya asked. 

"Eh. I did it for Emily so she can get justice." JJ said. 

"I know. But still. Right now you need help. You are not going down this path. Not again." Maya said. 

"I know. Rafael and I made a pact that we are going to get clean, and this time we are going to stay clean." JJ said. 

"Well if we have to move you guys out to Seattle so we can keep an eye on you ourselves, then we will not hesitate to do so." Carina said. 

"If we need you guys to intervene, then we will mention it. But for right now, I know what to do in the first couple weeks of recover." JJ said. 

"Good. Now get to sleep. Tomorrow we are purging your house and car and ridding any sort of illegal drug." Maya said. JJ nodded and got ready for bed. She couldn't sleep, so she moved herself over to Emily's side. It still smelled like her a little bit, and it comforted JJ. When she put her hand underneath the pillow, she felt a piece of paper. She lifted the pillow and opened the paper. As she read it, she realized that it was Emily's vows. JJ smiled but felt so many emotions. She cried and held the piece of paper close to her until she ended up falling asleep.

A/N

Hey guys! Well that was something. I hope you like this chapter!