Chapter 18

"Sir, I have something I need to tell you. I don't know if it will affect my enrollment here, but I figured that you should know." Emily said to her instructor. He nodded for her to continue. "I found out that I'm five weeks pregnant with twins." Emily said. 

"Okay. I don't think that it will affect your enrollment unless you decide that it would be dangerous for your babies. Obviously I don't want you to do anything that could potentially harm you or your babies like carry a 200 pound dummy across the room. But I think we can make some adjustments." he said. She nodded her head and sat down at her table. 

"Congratulations!" the person next to her said. His name was Sam. 

"Thanks!" Emily said with a smile. The entire class, the other person next to her looked like he had something to say to her, but he kept it in. When the class was released, Emily confronted him. "Is there something you wanted to say to me, Ocean?" 

"I don't know what you're talking about." he said with his nose turned up.

"Oh really? Because you seem like you want to tell me something with how you're acting." Emily said. 

"Fine. You're not going to make it through the academy because of you being pregnant. You can't do everything we have to do, so you aren't going to make it. It's too dangerous, for one, and for two, it wouldn't be fair if they bend the rules just because daddy has money. You don't belong here." he said. 

"Excuse me? I got here fair and square. No money was involved. And just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I can't do the work. I'm perfectly capable of doing all of it." Emily said. 

"Pregnant women can't lift very much. Therefore you can't do some of the requirements of the physical." he said. 

"I can't help that I got pregnant at this time." Emily said. 

"Actually you could have if you would've just kept your legs closed and used condoms." he said. 

"Okay, I've heard enough. Prentiss, step back before you murder him. I can see it in your eyes. Breece, you need to really consider your next words to her after I speak. She is perfectly capable of doing the physical. I've seen the academy accommodate to pregnant women. She has a ring on, so clearly she's married. With how you're treating her, I don't see you making it very far either in the academy or the field." Sam said. 

"Whatever fag." Ocean said. 

"Breece, my office." they heard the instructor say as he was walking out. Ocean turned around and rolled his eyes. 

"Thank you." Emily said. 

"No problem. I couldn't just let him talk to you like that." Sam said. 

"Also, it's actually Prentiss-Jareau. My wife and I decided to hyphenate our names." Emily said. 

"Okay, Mrs. Prentiss-Jareau. I will see you tomorrow in class." Sam said. 

"You too, Wolfe." Emily said. They went their separate ways. Emily drove home thinking about what Ocean said to her. Since it was 10 o'clock at night, Emily decided to get some food before she got home because she was starving. She ended up going to McDonald's and getting a fish sandwich, daily double, six piece nugget with buffalo sauce and a side of their fudge sauce, and a medium fry. She didn't know which one she was hungry for the most, so she just got all of them. When she got home, she saw Carina and Maya sitting on the couch watching a movie. Since they were staying in town for a week, they decided to watch the kids while Emily was in class. 

"How was class?" Maya asked. 

"It was fine." Emily said, tossing her shoes to the side, not caring where they landed.