Chapter 12

**TW- mentions of developing an eating disorder**

"Hey mom?" Emily asked as she went into the kitchen. She ended up scaring her mom, causing her to drop the knife she had in her hand. 

"Jesus Emily! Where the hell did you come from?" Elizabeth asked. 

"Well, I mean last I checked came out of your uterus, so probably you." Emily said. 

"If you want to be technical, you swam out of your father and-"

"Okay enough of that conversation. What are you doing? I thought you had a personal chef lined up to start working today?" Emily asked. 

"I did, but I realized that I missed cooking, so I told her that I had another job offer for her to take, and so she did." Elizabeth explained. 

"I don't remember you ever cooking." Emily said. 

"That's because you were thought of after we had hired a personal chef." Elizabeth said. 

"Oh." is all Emily said. 

"Was there something you wanted?" Elizabeth asked. 

"I was just wondering if you could take me car shopping since I no longer have mine." Emily said. 

"Oh. Of course. Just let me eat first, and we will go." Elizabeth said. "Do you want anything?" 

"Oh, no I'm not hungry." Emily said. Before she knew it, a plate of eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, toast, and a glass of orange juice was set in front of her. "Mom, I-"

"Enjoy." Elizabeth said. She knew that Emily didn't want to eat because she didn't like the way she looked. Emily was crying the night she and JJ had spoken and cried about how much she hated how she looked. It may be the next day and too soon to force Emily to eat, but she knew that if she didn't, then she would just keep doing it until she was very unhealthy. 

Emily sat there and slowly ate her food until it was all gone. She hated herself for eating all of it, but once she started she couldn't stop herself even though she scolded herself in her head. "Good. You ate. Now let's go get you a car." Elizabeth said. They spent an hour at the dealership before Emily decided on getting a 2022 Chevy Suburban. She also had the guy order a 2022 Aston Martin DBX just for fun.