Chapter 17

Don't forget Inksgiving! It ends at 3 PM PT today (24 november 2021)!

Luka P.O.V (SURPRISE!)

I stare at my sweet mate’s tired face. My Little Bean, my world, my Bart. He suffered so much because of my carelessness, if only I had seen the trap created by my disgusting father. I take his frail hand, the one not hooked to the IV drip, and gently squeeze it, trying to send some of my magic into his body to help him heal faster, but only dry dust comes out of my magic channel.

I had given all the magic still in me to Bart as soon as I could after making sure our Micro Bean was in a stable condition, but it still wasn’t enough to completely heal his internal injuries. 

I had been aware of everything happening while under the puppet spell but couldn’t do anything. Watching my little pup getting hurt by my body’s words was something that made me want to jump back into my receptacle and strangle myself. It was awful. However, seeing my mate getting critically hurt right in front of me was the worst. As soon as I felt myself getting back into my body, I rushed to Bart’s side and tried to stop the bleeding.

The blood wouldn’t stop, though, the tissues were completely destroyed. Not only Bart, but our baby too was harmed. I can still see the way my mate’s eyes looked at me, dazed and scared, his blood soaking my hands and attire, while his lips painted red by the liquid coming out of it shook as he whispered to me to save our Micro Bean.

It had woken me from my frantic state, reminding me of my powers. I was fearful, I won’t hide it. It hadn’t been long since I healed James and I had just recovered from a strong spell. Therefore, nothing assured me that I could save one of them, even less both. Still, I tried, begging for my gods to save my husband and child, to let me use their powers one last time, knowing that I was going way over the boundaries fixed by our pact.

Living up to their name, they gave me some of their magic, which I first used on our baby, even though I wasn't a stranger to the effects it would have on the little human. At least his due date was near, so he wasn’t that badly impacted, but some side effects still appeared. For one, his DNA half changed. To be clearer, I became his biological dad. He was now half werewolf and half dragon, or more like an ancient dragon with the way the old magic ran into his veins.

Unlike normal dragons, whose dragon form and human form were separated, our baby had a mixed body. Small dark green round horns stuck out of his forehead, pointy ears showed through his black hairs, green dragon wings were on his back and a cute chubby tail was attached to his tailbone and small scales were resting on some areas of his brown skin. I hadn’t seen his eyes yet, but something told me that they would be similar to mine.

He was absolutely adorable.

I could feel his magic pulsating in the air, speaking of future training to keep it under control and not burn down the castle. I could count on Chloe to teach him that; she had better control than me. I just hope he would not be bullied by other dragons. Well, I would just have to cut off their heads. Nobody has the right to bully my husband and child.

I had taken our baby out of his father's open stomach after making sure he was fine, then given him to my close knights to bring him to the infirmary before focusing on Bart. He looked so in pain and vulnerable that I started to cry, fearing for his life as I started to heal him. His scrunched browns, pale and moist skin wet with cold sweat, whimpers leaving his dry lips and the way he would whisper how much it hurts will forever haunt my nights. I had succeeded in somehow closing his stomach and stopping the bigger hemorrhage, but he wasn’t completely healed. At least he would live.

That’s what brought us here now. My mate is still in a coma even after one whole week and our Micro Bean is in a little bed beside him, both linked to all types of tubes. I nearly live in the infirmary now. It took Misha and Chloe hitting me with their shoes for me to go take a shower and shave, eating a little after getting refreshed. They were right, though, I couldn’t let Bart see me so... Well, so devastated as soon as he woke up.