Chapter 26

Bartholomé P.O.V

"You look absolutely stunning, Bart!" says Chloe, who is also going to be the person who will guide me to the altar in a few hours. As my parents probably don’t care that I am going to be wed today, I choose Chloe, one of our closest friends, as my ‘mother’, while Luka chooses her mate, Misha. Both of us didn’t have our parents’ support and the women were of great help all along my stay in the castle. We thought they deserved it.

Akim and Liam also become close with us, and Luka upgraded Liam to a higher rank of similar importance with Akim’s, so they can officially be a couple. Of course, Liam totally deserved the raise, he had the abilities for it and the temperament. There was just never an opportunity for him to be promoted, Luka only had to create such an opportunity. The cute guys, who I heard were expecting a baby, were chosen to help our little baby throw flowers behind us at the wedding.

As Luka and I wanted a small wedding with only our friends, I contacted Maxime and Alexander to ask them to come and for Alex to be our officiant. I made sure to carefully explain the situation surrounding the letter I send to them when the king was manipulating Luka to avoid any assassination attempt from Max toward my soon-to-be husband. They agreed wholeheartedly and Alex signed up on a site to be able to hold our ceremony, while Maxime promised to bring a special gift for our first night. I will make sure not to open it before anyone.

I have yet to see them and their mate, as I have been busy dressing up since this morning and making sure that everything is perfect. Normally, the wife is led to the altar by her father or a male and wears a dress or something similar while the husband is led by his mother and wear a tuxedo. Therefore, as an omega I should play the role of the wife, but Luka completely understood my desire to be considered as a male and accepted and respected my choice to dress like him and be led by a woman.

Chloe had shown me many tuxedos since a few days ago and the one I’m currently wearing and that has Chloe fawning over me is the lucky winner. It is white to make my dark skin pop out, with black lines at the pockets’ openings, whose numbers are of four, one on the left of my chest, two on my hips and the last one above the lower one on my right side. The buttons are black and the vest’s edges at the opening are also dark. The white pants outlined my long legs and bubble butt while the top followed the curve of my back to make my waist appear slimmer. The only thing not white or black is my bow tie which is made of different shades of gray.

Shiny black shoes complimented the whole painting, and I even added a matching watch that I could not help glancing at every so often as Chloe starts doing my hair after calming down. Nothing could have tamed those unruly curls other than her magic. She has to smoothen the kink out of each of my strands of hair until it lies all flat on top of my head, slicked back with some magic too. Who needs hair straightener and styling gel when you have a Chloe?

My right leg bounces nervously as I take in the time I have left until I need to head toward the altar. I have always called Luka my husband in my head and sometimes out loud too, but finally being legally his is kind of frightening honestly. Even more so when I know that after the ceremony we will mate and mark each other. Omegas don’t need to bite their partner, but my insecure ass prefers to be safe than sorry to avoid the possibility of him deciding to leave me one day. The thing I fear the most is my past haunting me. We have gotten pretty physical lately and my ex-mate didn't come back in my mind during those times to disturb us, which is encouraging. However, I fear that if we were to go all the way then I will remember the bad times, freak out and pass out. That would really be a turn-off and could even hurt Luka.

Still, I trust my mate. I know deep down that he will never hurt or reject me. That’s why even if it may lead to a disaster, I decided to take the bull by the horns and get married. Maybe I will ruin our wedding night, or maybe not, but what really matters is that I love Luka and want to be his and him mine in every way possible. I can’t let my first shitty mate affect my new life with my new and better mate. It would not be fair for me, for Luka and for Zane. We all deserved to be one happy family.