Chapter 6: The girl with green eyes

I was in the lead truck that guided the rest of the vehicles through the city. The three of my kind also were here. Max had verified that the girls had been taken to a particular location. He took the radio microphone.

"Sirius will take care of sniffing them out to make sure," he announced. "We'll blow up the entrance and attack, so put on your helmets. We'll sedate them all. The idea is that they don't see who we are. I know there are not many men, only the most qualified to stay for secret workouts."

During the trip, Sirius looked completely impatient, and I had to admit that I was too. The poor little curly girl. I worried that they would do her similar things as in my nightmares. Although humans wouldn't do that to their own kind, or so I wanted to believe, even though they had made me kill quite a few.

I shook my head. My hands were stained; what I was, my entire being was stained with guilt and blood. I didn't deserve anything since I had taken the lives of others...

"We're here."

I reacted. We put on the helmets, which were special since you could breathe perfectly with them on, filtered toxic gases, and much more. Sirius hurried down, and it took him less than a second to turn and give the signal. Max gave the order to follow him.

With speed and silence, they positioned the explosives as we drove away. The guards who saw through the window were aware and ran inside, but it was too late for them to alert. The door was destroyed, and we attacked. The shooting began, and the second group of men ran through another sector to cover more space.

Sirius guided us at full speed. We fired sedatives at those who came and went through a kind of arena. 

Multiple memories came to my head. Fighting, pain, grunting, I felt watched by thousands of eyes and began to breathe with difficulty.

An explosion brought me back to the moment. The other group of soldiers had freed my kind, who ran almost out of control. Many of the men who followed us stayed to maintain order, but we continued walking. I had to find the curly girl.

We ran through corridors that led to small, barred prisons. We turned a corner, and I managed to see the women in the distance. They were outside a cell which gate was broken and open. My eyes focused on Rosy, who came running, and to my surprise, she wrapped her thin arms around me.

I went blank. Her smell of strawberries enveloped me.

I took off my helmet and heard her cry against my chest, making my heart do a weird lap. I didn't want her to cry. With much hesitation, I raised my hand and gave her hair a light touch.

"Easy," was all I managed to say.

She nodded, but she didn't let go of me or pull away one bit. I sighed in relief that at least she was okay. I gently patted her on the back to calm her down. Then I saw that Sirius was calming the other girl, although with a lot more confidence.

"We were almost abused," Rosy sobbed.

What kind of abuse was she referring to? ... Oh, of course, they were also going to experiment with them as they did with me.

Max got a call and made us follow him.

The curly girl finally let go of me and walked closer to her friend's side. I hadn't wanted her to leave me so soon, but I didn't even know why. Lately, strange feelings for her attacked me, and at the same time, they became familiar but very, very distant.

As we walked, I found an open empty office. I glanced at the others who were walking away, and since they didn't notice that I wasn't following them, I entered.