Chapter 31: Burning paradise

Acrux's POV

I surrounded her with my arms, but I wanted more. I enjoyed her scent and warmth. She had forgiven me. However, she hadn't answered me if she would stay with me. In fact, she hadn't even answered me if she had forgiven me, and I was already taking it for granted.

"Does she already know?" Rosy snapped before I could ask. "Meadow. Does she know?"

"Yes."

She took a deep breath.

"She must hate me," she whispered.

I looked at her, intrigued. I was the one with whom Meadow was upset. She didn't even know Rosy, not really.

"She doesn't."

She arched an eyebrow.

"Oh, what if I disappeared and came back in love with someone else?"

I frowned just thinking about it.

"Well, that's different." And she laughed. I didn't understand. "Did I say something wrong?"

"There is no difference."

I studied the hypothetical situation for a couple of seconds. If that happened, of course, I would be very angry, but I didn't feel it was credible, not when I recalled the dreams I had with her, which made me remember that unfinished business.

"By the way. You must tell me if those things from my memories really happened."

"Who knows." She winked.

She stood up and walked away, but I followed her. I had another fleeting memory of me following her. Something like this had already happened. She chuckled, tempting me, calling me.

I grabbed her waist.

"That's not fair..." I complained, and she tried to escape. "Hey..." I was smiling because of the feeling I had from remembering and carrying it out at the same time. Her eyes found mine. I wasn't going to leave her anymore, no more. "Come on, curly girl, confess..." I loved her blush. I brushed the tip of my nose against hers. "My curly girl," I purred.

I tilted my face, wanting to kiss her like in my dreams, but she withdrew her lips from my reach. She looked attentive, with her blush and her eyebrows together with annoyance.

"You don't deserve my kisses." She looked away and closed her eyes.

Then I realized she wasn't really upset, maybe. Quickly I kissed her cheek, and she attacked my mouth with her lips. I corresponded with great desire. My heart exploded, and I felt like it had come back to life. Her warmth, her scent, and even her taste, everything washed over me—sweet strawberries, sweet her, as adorably invasive as her kisses. Now, doing it without it being an illusion was a thousand times better.

She gave me a strong and welcomed bite. My body was also waiting for her to hang onto me, wrapping her legs around my waist.

I stopped, gasping, as I felt another pain in my head. I was getting sick of the pain, but that memory came suddenly. The one of her running to me, hanging on my body, and kissing me.

After remembering that, I pressed my head. She sounded worried, but I didn't hear what she was saying. The memories kept coming back to me. I began to breathe heavily.

My Rosy. How had I forgotten everything I felt for her? Her exquisite kisses, aroma, laughter, and how she snuggled against me when she slept. She was the light that attracted me like a moth. She was my sun.

I took her by the shoulders and caressed her hair. I was stunned. I smiled, still unable to believe it, full of illusion. So many beautiful memories. She knitted her eyebrows together and began to cry silently, perhaps knowing what was happening to me. My eyes also burned a little.